Chinese "surefire" lamps.

squiffy

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone have any experience with the chinese made surefire lamp assemblies? I'm not sure if the genuine surefire ones are made in China then rebadged or not. Is the quality and output comparable to the original ones?
I've got a SF 6P and have ordered a genuine P60 LA from SF, but the chinese ones are so much cheaper.

Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've used some of the lamps from Digilight/G&P(6, 9, and 12V), Wolf-Eyes(3.7, 6, and 9V), and Lumens Factory(3.7 and 9V).
My Digilight and Wolf-Eyes have better beam quality than the SF P60s and P90s I've used, as well as being both whiter and brighter. I use rechargeables in all my users, now, so no longer have any 6V lamps. Anyway...
The Digilights focus down to a round spot, and have good spill.
The Wolf-Eyes have an oval spot that fades more gradually into the spill, and covers a wider area.
The Lumens Factory lamps are even whiter and brighter(even the low output ones) with more intense spots that are also oval. Better for throw, and cutting through fog, etc than the previous LAs, but weaker spill and poor overall beam quality.
I like, and use, lamps from all three of these brands. Four of my five incandescent lights are SureFires made for use with the P60 or P90, but I don't use any SF lamp assemblies, except a P90 as a spare, since none of these off-brand lamp assemblies will fit properly in a SF spare carrier.

squiffy

Newly Enlightened
OK then, thanks for that. I'll take a chance on some ebay ones then and see how it goes. I'm quite happy with my ultrafire G140 on 3V rechargeables. Seems good enough quality, and my ultrafire 601 luxeon has given me great service as an EDC.

mdocod

Flashaholic
the G&P, LumensFactory, and Wolf-Eyes, Surefire compatible lamps are all great alternatives.

I recommend a 17670 cell and a 3.7V lamp assembly for your 6P. The 3.7V lamps are actually brighter than the standard 6V P60. (but not quite as bright as a P61). There are 3.7V lamps made by all 3 manufactures.

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can attest that going to SF's manufacturing plant they do indeed have a tank of compressed argon sitting outside, so I am willing to place money on in housel LA production.

squiffy

Newly Enlightened
I didn't know you could get 3.7 lamps for these! That means I'll have to get another charger, spare batts and a carrier. Need another job now.