Wiseled Tactical just arrived

Stella_Polaris

Newly Enlightened
I finally decided to buy a Wiseled Tactical from Wiseled.com. It is hanging in the charger on the wall right now.

A question (cannot ask Wiseled now since its Friday and they won't be back before Monday):

I wonder: Would it be best to let the flashlight charge for say 12 hours on its first charge? It is a 4300 mAh li-on battery. It did have some power on it when I tried it out upon receipt, so I guess it has been charged during testing.

Speaking of testing: I will do a test on it as soon as I get the time and post it here.

With kind regards,

Bo.

Long John

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bo., let it charge until the indicator shows that the charge is finished.

Then, let the fun beginn:grin2:

Enjoy your new toy and

best regards

____
Tom

Stella_Polaris

Newly Enlightened
Well....whiling charging the LED turns orange, and when full charged the LED turns blue. It went blue after 1 hour (since apparantly it had been charged before sending).

I just know that cellular phone makers recommend that you give the battery a full 12-14 hour charge the first time.

But this does not apply to the Wiseled?

I have had much correspondance with Wiseled since I will do a test for them. I also asked them if the flashlight could STAY in its wall charger constantly, and the reply was "YES, since an in-built "computer" prevents overcharging").

With kind regards,

Bo.

Stella_Polaris

Newly Enlightened
Not that I pretentious, but HOW do I change that "Unenlightened" that is underneath my "Stella_Polaris" user name??? I guess I am no expert in the field of flashlight, but I am NOT "unenlightened" either!

Any help as to how to change it??

With kind regards,

Bo.

ewsforos

Newly Enlightened
This changes with the number of posts you have as set-up by the forum's administrator. In your case from what I can see, with your 20th post, you just got "promoted" to "Enlightened". :twothumbs

Lobo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Stella_Polaris said:
I just know that cellular phone makers recommend that you give the battery a full 12-14 hour charge the first time.

I might be corrected, but I'm fairly sure. The 12-14hours are for nimh(even though some sales men and manuals havent understood that yet, and still give that advise), lithium you can charge pretty much anyway you want. My later phone manual states that you only should charge it full the first time, no 24hour extra charge that you do with other batteries the first time you use them. Only thing you have to remember is NOT to decharge it completely.

In other words, just charge your light until it tells you it's charged, and then have fun! :)

Long John

Flashlight Enthusiast
Stella_Polaris said:
Not that I pretentious, but HOW do I change that "Unenlightened" that is underneath my "Stella_Polaris" user name??? I guess I am no expert in the field of flashlight, but I am NOT "unenlightened" either!

Any help as to how to change it??

With kind regards,

Bo.

Now I can see, you are "Enlightened". That could indicate, the charging process is finished.:grin2:

But seriously, like Lobo mentioned, the 12h are for nimh's. LiIons are different in many ways. When the light shows blue, full charged, you can use it.

Best regards

____
Tom

Stella_Polaris

Newly Enlightened
Suddenly "Enlightened"! Yes, I noticed that too. What a coincidence! Well, I don't feel any more enlightened as I was 2 secs ago, but I guess I have a chance of becoming so by reading and learning from you guys.

Anyway: As stated earlier, I am looking forward to test the Wiseled Tactical. And I will make a review of it soon with beamshots, but no high tech graphs etc. Just an amateur impression of the flashlight made in my home country: DENMARK!

With kind regards,

Bo.

Lexus

Enlightened
I'm eagerly waiting for your review. The Wiseled Tactical has been teasing me for quite some time now... :popcorn:

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Look forward to your review. Can you post a link to where you bought it from?

Oh and don`t worry about rushing to be become a flashaholic...it only means thier more diseased and...more hopless. But in general, once your reach the level of enlightend...well, don`t think you have much hope anyway.

Ken

Illum

Flashaholic
Badbeams3 said:
Look forward to your review. Can you post a link to where you bought it from?

Oh and don`t worry about rushing to be become a flashaholic...it only means thier more diseased and...more hopless. But in general, once your reach the level of enlightend...well, don`t think you have much hope anyway.

Ken

lol, Im beginning to wish I was unenlightened....TOO MUCH spending:ohgeez:

but since your here already, like the rest of us your hopeless already:laughing:, so make the best of it

Congrats on your new light, its a real performer:naughty::naughty::naughty:, unfortunately most of us do not know whats the true capabilities of this light since our celebrated reviewer "Quickbeam" according to words apparently recieved a defective model...hence the result of the runtime curve here

Like lexus, we are all eager to see your review:grin2:, take your time...no rush, enjoy yourself first. you know you deserved it:goodjob:

fnmag

Flashlight Enthusiast
Stella_Polaris said:
Suddenly "Enlightened"! Yes, I noticed that too. What a coincidence! Well, I don't feel any more enlightened as I was 2 secs ago, but I guess I have a chance of becoming so by reading and learning from you guys.

You don't feel enlightened? You've just charged up a brand new Wiseled Tactical and are ready to roar, you are now enlightened. It might seem subtle but often great life changes are! Now that you are indeed enlightened, spread some of that newly charged light around. Enjoy.

tenfour

Newly Enlightened
Stella_Polaris: i think having spent that much on a light should bump you automatically to flashaholic status.

I have a wiseled too - wonderful light!

Stella_Polaris

Newly Enlightened
Quote: "Look forward to your review. Can you post a link to where you bought it from?"

Certainly: www.wiseled.com

Look for the "Wiseled Tactical" under the "Professional" link.

I will post my amateur test (no graphs but very likely beam shots and wristwatch timed runtimes) as soon as I get the time.

I really appreciate you guys. Friendly and knowledgeable folks!

With kind regards,

Bo.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Stella_Polaris said:
Quote: "Look forward to your review. Can you post a link to where you bought it from?"

Certainly: www.wiseled.com

Look for the "Wiseled Tactical" under the "Professional" link.

I will post my amateur test (no graphs but very likely beam shots and wristwatch timed runtimes) as soon as I get the time.

I really appreciate you guys. Friendly and knowledgeable folks!

With kind regards,

Bo.
:drool: Holy Sh*t! I was going to suggest you try a Fenix...but I think not. Wow...that 3 year trade in is something else...can you imagine what that light would/will be like with Cree`s in there. Jeeese! Use it...keep it in great shape and trade in in later...what a deal!

senna94

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been considering getting a Wiseled for some time and will probably get the stealth once it is available. However, I was reading the warranty that everyone touts and I guess you can look at it two ways. Their warranty probably is outstanding for three years, but what happens after that? It seems to me for the price that they could offer an unlimited lifetime warranty much lik Surefire, Streamlight, etc. Has anyone had one longer than three years that cares to share their experience? In regards to service that is.

Paul

:candle:

Stella_Polaris

Newly Enlightened
I asked Wiseled about there trade-in-guarantee. It should be read like this: IF something is wrong with the light, and if the buyer is not guilty of having modified / alterered or misused the flashlight, then you will get a new light.

I also asked them (I was very concerned about the underneath quoted phrase!) what they mean by "We are not making any spare parts". Because HOW are they going to repair flashlight AFTER the 3 year guarantee??

Answer: They ARE capable of repairing the lights, so one should not worry.

And about the question that a cpf member asked (about multible years' experiences with Wiseled lights): Wiseled is BRAND NEW on the flashlight marked since they have only made their lights for about 8 months. So there cannot BE any long term experience yet. However, they DO make very thorough tests on the flashlights before selling them.

With kind regards,

Bo.

PS.: I must postpone the TEST OF MY WISELED TACTICAL for some time since today, on the 21th. of February 2007, Denmark was "attacked" by a MASSIVE SNOW STORM, covering most of Denmark in snow at 30 cms depth! And I believe that the reflections from the snow on the ground will either BLIND me OR DISTORT the impression of the flashlights throw etc.

Do you aggree?