Happy 2 c me, or is that your EDC in your pocket

Sig229

Newly Enlightened
Well the votes are in . I'm a flashoholic. I finally broke down today and admitted it. I have to go buy new jeans tomorrow because of my flashlight. In several pairs of my pants I have holes. Not in the knees, but in the front pockets right where my strion normally resides. I guess from just rubbing up against stuff.

Anybody else have this problem?

Bill

Last edited:

VWTim

Enlightened
I get some wear marks in the bottom of my carpenter jean "tool" pockets. Since wearing thru the first pair I've been reinforcing them with iron on patches before they wear.

Cartman

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, I sadly had a SF L1 Type II rip a hold in the pocket of a pair of Royal Robbin's shorts. Somehow the bezel just got at the right angle and enough pressure was put on it that it cut right through. Of course, that means the shorts were probably a bit too tight. Diet time. (;

AndyTiedye

Flashlight Enthusiast
My PD is usually clipped to the pocket so it isn't in the bottom to wear away at it.
It doesn't have a pocket-destroying bezel either.

VWTim

Enlightened
AndyTiedye said:
My PD is usually clipped to the pocket so it isn't in the bottom to wear away at it.
It doesn't have a pocket-destroying bezel either.

I've found they don't have to have a pocket destroying bezel either, just a constant pressure point. Mine was from the square bezel of my Strion just sitting in the same place all the time. Heck, I even have a little light patch where my L0P rides in my back pocket. And no I don't wear tight jeans :)

pactchncn

Newly Enlightened
E1L has distroyed two pairs of loose fitting jeans, am currently working on finding a holster or I might break down and buy an Orb Raw XR-E :thumbsup:
That would be nice and smooooth!;)

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Biggest EDC that I have is the L1 or KL1/E2e/E2dTc so hang it round my neck using the lanyard. Used to put in holters, but lost to many maglites in those days.

DoubleDutch

Enlightened
The Netherlands - one foot below sea level
My Civictor leaves slight abrasion marks in my pants, just from being in the same place all the time. The texture isn't abrasive at all.

So, what stuff are you rubbing your Strion against?
At least it's about a 2C format, so it should get the right response ...
rolleye11.gif

Kees

Strauss

Flashlight Enthusiast
My PD seems to ride just well enough to not cause any problems. My Syderco Endura wave pocket knife is another story though :whistle:

firefly99

Enlightened
Never see or feel any wear in my Levi jean and Dockers pant where I carry my E2D.