Streamlight TwinTask 1L Not Clicking In Order.

DJ Q

Newly Enlightened
Just picked up an SL TT 1L. I like the little thing...it has a good rugged feel to it, although it'll probably be my bedside deployment. The first click is supposed to be LED and then Xenon, but mine is the other way around. In fact, It goes: first click:Xenon; second click:LED; third click:back to Xenon; and then fourth click is off. This is from Flashlightreviews:

1st Click:3LED's
2nd Click:Off
3rd Click:Incandescent
4th Click:Off

Can anyone advise on this matter? I'd much rather have the LED's go first, since it's my bedside deployment, I would rather much have a dimmer light first so as to not hurt my eyes.
THanks CPFers

Last edited:

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine is exactly like Flashlight Reviews. You may want to send it back to Streamlight for repair or to the dealer you bought it from.
DJ Q said:
: This is from Flashlightreviews:

Can anyone advise on this matter? I'd much rather have the LED's go first, since it's my bedside deployment, I would rather much have a dimmer light first so as to not hurt my eyes.
THanks CPFers

GeorgePaul

Enlightened
DJ Q said:
Just picked up an SL TT 1L. I like the little thing...it has a good rugged feel to it, although it'll probably be my bedside deployment. The first click is supposed to be LED and then Xenon, but mine is the other way around. In fact, It goes: first click:Xenon; second click:LED; third click:back to Xenon; and then fourth click is off. This is from Flashlightreviews:

THanks CPFers
It alternates between LED and Xenon. That's exactly what it's supposed to do. If you want the first click to be LED, turn it off after you get Xenon -- next time, it'll light up with the LED.

DJ Q

Newly Enlightened
GeorgePaul said:
It alternates between LED and Xenon. That's exactly what it's supposed to do. If you want the first click to be LED, turn it off after you get Xenon -- next time, it'll light up with the LED.

Like I said about my clicking order:
1st: Xenon
2nd: LED
3rd: Xenon
4th: Off

If I click it again (which would be the 5th click) it would turn back on to xenon, repeating th cycle again. So what you're suggesting is to turn it off after the 1st click. THis is not possible because it will go to LED. If i try to turn it off like you said, say after the 3rd click it will turn off, but will turn back on to xenon mode.

GeorgePaul

Enlightened
DJ Q said:
Like I said about my clicking order:
1st: Xenon
2nd: LED
3rd: Xenon
4th: Off
My TT-2L work like Xenon/Off/LED/Off. I think the TT-1L should operate the same way. I would send e-mail to Streamlight customer service ([email protected]) and/or your dealer about this.

On second thought, it might be better to send it to Streamlight for repair, as FlashKat recommended.

Last edited:

Omega Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
Me and a few other members had this happening on our TT-2s, I didn't really care all that much. I ended up giving the light up for a raffle, so that solved the problem pretty well!

arty

Enlightened
I have a twin task 2D. It works: 5LEDs, 10LEDs, incandescent, off.