• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WTB artofthehide Holester FOUND

hoppy1010

Newly Enlightened
Yea I know good luck oh yea to fit an XR19-PD don't even know if
Matt made any but If someone has one I would be willing to pay top
dollar,perfer one with a flap.
dedhorse.gif

Thanks Jay

Last edited:

hoppy1010

Newly Enlightened
Re: WTB artofthehide Holester

bumpit.gif
Someone must have one.
Give it up please.

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: WTB artofthehide Holster

I was luck enough to get an elephant and a couple of others. Sorry I cant sell 'em.

BUT!! Lifters leather makes a holster which runs a very close second to Matts work.
I am quite sure he will make you something beautiful.

Your other option is the thing I EDC my PD with from concealco
http://www.concealco.com/miva/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=ACL&Category_Code=053SFH

IMHO these are the best value for the money and they are EXTREEMELY well made with a simple elegant design. They have a site which is perfect for the PD.
As good as art of the hide and lifters is I have found that when I carry a light holstered I want access to the light and these really do the trick. I have never had any type of failure. They are basically made to order so you may wait.
At a cost of around $20.00 they represent an amazing value for protecting these expensive flashlights.
consealco3smcr.jpg

as you can see these are pretty good looking hunks of leather. The have a system of adjusting the tension making drawing the light as easy or as tough as you like. they are angled for cross draw on either side. this must be specified when ordering.
I never was clear what happened with Matt. I have bought 5 or 6 beautiful pieces from him and then heard he lost interest in flashlight holsters. Really a big loss.

I have to be totally honest here I have a lifters piece and a several art of the hide pieces and between them the art of the hide stuff is somewhat superior. Some may disagree.
In any event the lifters stuff is of a very high quality and he is still making stuff for us where Matt is not.

Sorry to go on so long here I love leather holsters and I am in a constant search for THE best. and what I have posted here is a summery of my experience.
I guess what is important here is how is it going to be used? do you really need a flap? I have a elephant hide flapped holester from Matt and it is great but doesn't offer quick access to the light. this is where the concealco shines is quick access. These lights are tools and the holsters are tools for the tools so to speak.

Since Matt is gone contact lifters at
[email protected]
here is what he made for me:
liftersholdster.jpg

no flap. Flaps slow you down.
Good luck
Yaesumofo

chellyc

Enlightened

Yes, Kazu does excellent work!

Also (especially if you want exotic leather) RJ at Wyoming Custom Leather made me some awesome phone holsters. I discussed the subject of flashlights and CPF with him and he gave me the go-ahead to mention him here. Totally custom holsters were received two weeks after I contacted him!

http://www.wyomingcustomleather.com/index.htm

Chelly

hoppy1010

Newly Enlightened

Thanks for all the information everybody. I will look into some of these.
still want one of matt's holesters if someone decides to sell one.

Regards Jay

Cuso

Flashlight Enthusiast

I can vouch for Kazu I have some of his work and its top notch. But I think he works with "regular" leather. No harm in asking him though...maibe he could replicate some of Maths work...