Tri-Lux Mag Brightness?

Clickie

Newly Enlightened
I'm relatively new so please dont roast if this is a dumb question.... I know how to use the search and have seen the threads but really its all numbers to me.

I'm wondering just how bright these Tri-Lux Mags are? I know their are a bunch of different boards, drivers, etc that can change the output drastically but I'm talking best case/ worst case here. To make it easy for me to compare how does the brightness compare to a Surefire E2E? I know the Lux will be brighter but will the SF still throw farther?

Long John

Flashlight Enthusiast
Clickie said:
I'm wondering just how bright these Tri-Lux Mags are? ..........how does the brightness compare to a Surefire E2E? I know the Lux will be brighter but will the SF still throw farther?

Hello Clickie:)

These Tri-Lux are very bright. A typical U-bin LuxIII setup is about 7 times brighter and throws about twice of the SF-E2e.
With the newer generation of Leds more.

Best regards

____
Tom

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Honestly, I built two tri Lux III lights and eventually built a Tri Lux I light. Three Lux I LEDs (I mixed and matched bins to get a nice overall tint for outdoor color rendition, but they are all R**Hs). It is direct drive with the LEDs in parallel. I'd imagine it will go a bit longer than 8 hours to 50%. I'd say that it throws better than any of my single Lux III lights with the possible exception of one and then, the overall brightness on this light kills the single Lux III driven at 1000ma and obviously has a larger hotspot.

Other than just play toys, these tri Lux lights are great for sweeping large areas... either large warehouses or fields. And as others have said, a tri Lux III light will completely blow away an E2E. No comparison. ZERO. Not even close. I kind of got away from modding, but one of my next Mag mod projects was going to mod this light with an NFlex controller which gives regulation obviously and 8 levels of output. I really prefer the 2C form factor so I'd probably just rebuild the light with the three Lux Is and the NFlex in a 2C.

Sorry to digress. Point is, if you are thinking about a tri Lux light, they are really awesome if you actually have a use for one. And if not, they're fun to play with as well.