A few special USL variants!

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast
In the midst of building the USL's and while waiting for some batteries to arrive, I tore down a couple prototype USL's and one of the old prototypes and had some special coatings applied.

The Maroon lights are Duracoated, a color that I couldn't find a way to recreate any other way.

The others are Electroless Nickel Plated.

Sometime in the near future I will be selling them, and the USL variants will be the first to have the new battery packs in them, as I have five prototype packs in the process of being built.

The larger maroon light runs a 64623 lamp and runs from 12 2500MaH A (not AA) cells.

So a few to whet your appetite!

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast
missionaryman,

I assume you mean the 3" head on the maroon light? That is an Otokoyama head that he designed as a prototype head for the USL project. it is actually a 4 piece head and was designed using a 3" Carley smooth reflector as the head itself with the collar a thread piece with a second, interior threaded piece that allows all kind of movement to capture best focus.

At the time he designed it, I had not yet settled on a lamp, so he gave me as much focus movement as he could.

LongJohn, thanks! As for the LED's, these are BIG BOY TOYS and no LED's need apply! 3000+ lumens, baby!!!

Bill

Flashlight Enthusiast
Too inefiecient for my blood, but they are damn fine looking, kudos on the great work, would you consider throwing one down to Southern Cali for out get together as a raffle prize.

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Nickel USL with grooved head has sold privately, (not the larger FM head).

Although these are not officially for sale, if someone is interested and wants to contact me about the others, please PM or email me.

Bill