Best Supplier Personalized Mini M*gs (Wedding Favors)

KentuckyMike

Enlightened
Hey everyone...

I've been trying to think of a personalized gift that the better half and I can give out at our wedding. Considering my addiction to lights of all kinds, I came up with the idea of personalized Mini M*gs.

Yes, yes, I know...there's much better lights out there. If the CPF safelights were engravable, I'd be all over it. But I figure the M*gs are a format familiar to most, the batteries are cheap and found anywhere, and any hardware store or big box has replacement bulbs, windows, etc. Plus, the item is likely to be frequently used. This is important. While a nice frilly keepsake would be cute, this is more likely to be used often, which should help everyone remember our big day.

I would like to have the lights engraved with our names and the date. I suppose silk-screening is an option, depending on the cost vs. engraving, but I would prefer engraving if possible. We'll likely have about 30 guests at our ceremony, plus we'll probably mail a few off, as well. I'm thinking we'll probably order 50 lights total.

Can anyone recommend a good supplier that can get the lights, customize them, and get them out at a decent price with good service and turnaround time for an order that small?

Thank you so much!!

Flash_Gordon

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have always had good transactions with Action Lights.

They do custom laser engraving at a reasonable price. I think we paid about $14 for 100 MiniMags in a gift box with batteries. This was a company promo.

I think these are a great wedding item. They will be kept and most probably used by your guests.

Mark

KentuckyMike

Enlightened
Thanks Flash and Fluff...I'll check them out. Anyone else have suggestions? Trying to balance price, turnaround, customer service, and quality of the finished product. Willing to check out silkscreening, as well. Had the chance to see some today and they aren't what I expected at all.

Thanks again!!

BadBeams-I'm going to do hotwires. Most folks that will be there wouldn't appreciate the LED enough to justify the cost....and since I gave my lady free reign on the rest of the wedding, I need to watch costs on my portion. :whistle:

Norm

Retired Administrator
I once had a MM that had been silk screened, the printing isn't very permanent, it lasted less than a year before it was totally worn off. I think the anodizing is too shiny for the ink to get a good grip. I think you would be very disappointed if you go silk screen. The laser engraving sounds like a much more permanent way to go.
Norm

greenLED

Flashaholic
fenix-store.com (4sevens) has a laser engraving machine, and from what I've seen he's able to do a lot of neat custom work, even around bezels and stuff (which not a lot of places can't do - they do engraving longitudinally along the lights).

chesterqw

Flashlight Enthusiast
anodizing are far from smooth.

they only feel smooth as we can't fell surfaces at nano meters

if you use a microscope, you will see a very rough surface.

4sevens

Flashlight Enthusiast
greenLED said:
fenix-store.com (4sevens) has a laser engraving machine, and from what I've seen he's able to do a lot of neat custom work, even around bezels and stuff (which not a lot of places can't do - they do engraving longitudinally along the lights).

Thanks green man! Here is a gallery of examples of some of my work:
http://chows.smugmug.com/gallery/1658514#95205307

pero

Newly Enlightened
chesterqw said:
anodizing are far from smooth.

they only feel smooth as we can't fell surfaces at nano meters

if you use a microscope, you will see a very rough surface.

so long as it feels smooth to your hand, who cares whether its rough under a microscope

KentuckyMike

Enlightened
4sevens said:
Thanks green man! Here is a gallery of examples of some of my work:
http://chows.smugmug.com/gallery/1658514#95205307

:goodjob:

Very nice work!! Even a wedding date in there it looks like!! I'll be getting in touch with ya, 4sevens. I've been meaning to ask a question about Fenix's anyway...let's see how many birds we can kill with one stone.

~~Mike

Thanks for all the other replies, as well! We're still researching, and open to anything, so keep 'em coming!! (Although I'm pretty sure the groomsmen's gifts will be coming from 4sevens!) I guess we probably nail down a date before we get too far down the engraving path, eh? :ohgeez: