L1D-CE vs Muyan 21-LED

Kurzon

Newly Enlightened
Well, I've gotten an L1D-CE now and I'm pretty happy with it. I already own a Muyan 21-LED flashlight, which I'm obviously going to compare it to. After testing this inside a darkened room, and then out onto the street outside at night, I'd say the output of the L1D is slightly higher than the Muyan, but not by much, and mostly because the L1D's spot is tighter and more concentrated. The things that the L1D has better over my Muyan is:

* Digitally regulated output for constant brightness means I don't have to keep my NiMHs topped up for max out put.
* Clickie switch! The Muyan's twist cap has an annoying habit of twisting on or falling off as it moves around in my jeans pocket.
* Slimmer => less pocket space consumed.

The L1D goes for just over $50. A Muyan 21-LED is said to retail for about $20, but I got mine for $10 from a supplier in Hong Kong.

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
Kurzon said:
I'd say the output of the L1D is slightly higher than the Muyan, but
ROCK BOTTOM, this is plain ridiculus!
Do You know how to switch the Fenix to medium or high? ;)

Have both lights run for 10 mins, then compare again.
Or compare outside a building.
PS: its worth 5-10,-- when bought at a shop, so maybe a good bang for the buck
PPS: have both lights run through several batteries, then give an info how many of the small leds are already burned out

Last edited:

Kurzon

Newly Enlightened
Ok, to be fair I did test the Muyan with fully-charged batteries, and didn't leave them on for a while.

TORCH_BOY

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have both the Muyan 21-LED ( MXDL) and the L1D-CE, The MXDL is very bright for a 21 Led as the Leds are grossly directly overdriven from the 3 AAA cells with very short runtime. The L1D-CE is brighter on high and the light is a lot whiter with much longer battery life.