Who makes Nuwai?

DaveL

Newly Enlightened
Since my Nuwai ALX352L bit the dust (and neither Nuwai nor EliteLED.com answer repeated emails), I have been trying to figure out where to get parts. Anyone know who makes these for Nuwai and how to contact them? The circuit board says "HF-08 94VO."

Thanks in advance.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
I thought it was actually Nuwai... www.nuwai.com.tw But if you really love that particular light, I'd suspect your best bet might be to just post a WTB in the classified section or look on eBay for something used.

SEMIJim

Enlightened
Part of the problem, if it's just lately you've been trying to contact them, is the Chinese Lunar New Year. I just visited Nuwai's site, and it's mentioned prominently on the front page.

I, too, am wondering what's up with Nuwai, tho. I really like my TM-301X-3. Nothing I'd like more than to see them upgrade that with a CREE or Seoul.

DaveL

Newly Enlightened
SEMIJim said:
Part of the problem, if it's just lately you've been trying to contact them, is the Chinese Lunar New Year. I just visited Nuwai's site, and it's mentioned prominently on the front page.

I, too, am wondering what's up with Nuwai, tho. I really like my TM-301X-3. Nothing I'd like more than to see them upgrade that with a CREE or Seoul.
Oh, I've tried to email several times over the past couple months! Eliteled.com, too...they sure weren't slow to take my money.:thumbsdow

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nuwai doesn't make any lights, they're a rebrander and reseller. Shykuang makes most of the Nuwai lights, and other company (don't know the name, only know the initials are HK) makes the rest.

I love my Q3...wish Nuwai would come out with a revised Q3 with a better driver circuit and one of the new LEDs.

Erasmus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Favour Light is the manufacturer of these lights. Their offices are located in Hong Kong and production facilities are in mainland China. But I doubt you can get replacement parts from them directly.

DaveL

Newly Enlightened
Well, I emailed amondotech, we'll see what they have to say...

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll confirm what Erasmus said - It's my understanding that Favour Light and Nuwai are one and the same, or at least have a close relationship. I believe Favour Light is the brand they sell under normally, but they started branding some lights Nuwai when they found the name had become popular. (Or perhaps it's vice-versa.)

http://www.favourlight.com/

http://www.nuwai.com.tw/

Last edited:

SEMIJim

Enlightened
DaveL said:
Oh, I've tried to email several times over the past couple months! Eliteled.com, too...they sure weren't slow to take my money.:thumbsdow
This kind of performance, or, more accurately, lack of performance, is jeer-worthy. I would post to the jeers sub-forum, describing how neither Nuwai not Eliteled (not very "elite," eh?) have been responsive.

Personally, a product's and manufacturer's value is made up of more than just the price, (apparent) quality and performance of the product. While these are certainly important, also important, to me, is a vendor's performance as a vendor.

While I really like my Nuwai, with this story I'm beginning to lose interest in whether they come out with new/upgraded products, or not.

MattK

Flashlight Enthusiast
AFAIK Favour Light/Shing Fung and Quantum make most of the Nuwai lights.

I very much doubt that they'll give you the time of day to be blunt. They warranty the companies they sell to by contract agreement, they do not warranty the end user. They probaqbly won't even reply to your email. :(

The retailer and Nuwai really are your only recourse and frankly EliteLED.com is the one who should be replying to your emails and handling any defects in accordance with their own return/warranty policy.

Looks like you're out of luck with their return policy but they still owe you the courtesy of a reply:

"Your satisfaction on every purchase is very important to us. You can return the item within
15 days for a full refund or exchange. All non-defective returns, items must be in
re-saleable condition. For all returns, please first contact us by email [email protected]
for a RMA number. No return will be processed without a valid RMA number. All returns
must be sent within 10 days after the RMA number is issued. A 15% re-stocking fee may
apply if the return has no valid reason. Shipping and Handling fee is not refundable.
Please pack the item in its original box with all the accessories and ship your item prepaid.
"

Last edited:

DaveL

Newly Enlightened
MattK said:
AFAIK Favour Light/Shing Fung and Quantum make most of the Nuwai lights.

I very much doubt that they'll give you the time of day to be blunt. They warranty the companies they sell to by contract agreement, they do not warranty the end user. They probaqbly won't even reply to your email. :(

The retailer and Nuwai really are your only recourse and frankly EliteLED.com is the one who should be replying to your emails and handling any defects in accordance with their own return/warranty policy.

Looks like you're out of luck with their return policy but they still owe you the courtesy of a reply:

"Your satisfaction on every purchase is very important to us. You can return the item within
15 days for a full refund or exchange. All non-defective returns, items must be in
re-saleable condition. For all returns, please first contact us by email [email protected]
for a RMA number. No return will be processed without a valid RMA number. All returns
must be sent within 10 days after the RMA number is issued. A 15% re-stocking fee may
apply if the return has no valid reason. Shipping and Handling fee is not refundable.
Please pack the item in its original box with all the accessories and ship your item prepaid.
"
Well, it blew one month out of warranty (and I hadn't even used it much), so what I wanted from them was advice on repair or parts, as in could I get them from them.

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Unfortunately, Nuwai never really had much representation in the US. They had retailers, but none that had factory support for parts and service, not like Fenix, Lumapower, and Huntlight does now. I still thought Shykuang made Nuwai lights.

DaveL

Newly Enlightened
I emailed favourlight and they sent me an automated response. We'll see what happens...

MattK

Flashlight Enthusiast
They, eliteled, likely does not have the parts you require - I still think the courtesy of a reply is required.

Shykuang may make some Nuwai lights - I'm frankly not sure if Shykuang is a Mfr or another trade company. I KNOW Shing Fung and Quantum are actually Mfrs.