Any dog owners around?

Nereus

Enlightened
Here is my dog Sulo. He is 3 year old labrador retriever and he really enjoys participating my flashlight modding hobby... So far he has eaten components worth ~200 EUR (e.g. one x-bin lux5 included). :ohgeez: But somehow I find it very hard to be angry for him, reason below - hugging cute dog, isn't he? :grin2:

RSCN0947.jpg

Feel free to post pics of your dog (or any other pet)! :)

-N

Last edited:

AFAustin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Beautiful Labbie and great photo. I think my Pointer was one of the reasons I became a CPFer---I needed a better flashlightlight for those late night critter-chasing outings!

Last edited:

myk

Enlightened
emmy1mediumtq5.jpg

Emmy (Lab/Pitbull mix), 2 years old, also the reason for my addiction - sick of stepping in dog poop when walking her

she gets pretty much anything she wants unfortunately

prof

Enlightened
I have a very wonderful mutt. She's half elkhound and half chow. She weighs about 60 lbs but is very sweet--unless you mess with our kids (she will defend them from anything). She's sweet, easy to be around, and wonderful--but sheds like crazy.

She was a gift from my wife when I finished my PhD. My wife said "any dog--any dog in the world". We did a lot of research, then found our puppy at the humane society. I knew after just a few minutes that this little puppy was going to come home with us. She needed a home, and I wanted a dog. Best decision I could have made. She does have hip displasia but is doing well. She's getting older, but is still just as sweet and wonderful as the day we got her.

2nvqali.jpg

Last edited:

Novaflash

Newly Enlightened
I have a 11 month old american pitbull terrier. He is a great dog and already 80lbs. He loves going out in the woods with a glotoob attached to his collar while I play with my lights.
202814000.jpg

BIGIRON

Flashlight Enthusiast
I predict this thread will rival some of the 2nd Amendment threads for length and passion.

The "Troy Street Traveling Dog Circus" has three current members:

"Pi" is a little black ragamuffin street dog that we literally picked off the roadside about 9 years when she was about a year old. Probably some type of wirehair terrier mix. She's the alpha dog, so being black and willing to run out the door to check out the neighborhood, she gets to wear a glowring at all times.

"Jazmine" is a little white dog who may be mostly if not pure Papillion. She was left at a construction site when she was 4 or 5 weeks old. The guys shared their lunches, left her water while she nested up under a lumberpile. I couldn't stand that, so she got to come home with me one day.

"Sim" is a pure Jack Russell who had a difficult birth. No vision in one eye and learning disabilities (to put it mildly). No one would take him from the breeder, so he was destined for the needle. I figured that since he had one good eye and I had one good eye that we should pair up.

We tell folks that these guys won the "Doggie Lotto".

BTW - Jaz is the one who had the problem with the Gorilla Glue that I posted about awhile ago.

Diesel_Bomber

Flashlight Enthusiast
BIGIRON-

Your post on Gorilla Glue has saved at least one other dog. I showed it to a friend after his miniature Dachshund got into some Gorilla Glue. This convinced him to take the dog to the vet before the dog showed any outward signs of problems. All is well now, and he didn't have to explain why his three year old daughter's favorite puppy was gone. Thanks for sharing.

:buddies:

Valpo Hawkeye

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a 2-year-old brindle greyhound named Elly. She's a rescue, as are probably 99.5% of the greyhounds you'll ever see. She's about 62 lbs., all muscle and very easy to take care of... she sleeps all the time.

One night I came home to find my XO on the floor and ON! I still don't know how she turned a tactical twisty light to constant on, but she did. No marks on the light by the way. Wouldn't matter anyway since it's a beater light.

FRANKVZ

Enlightened
Here are our babies: Bambi on the left and Feather on the right.

Picture460.jpg

P.S. Dressed for Christmas dinner :laughing:

jeffb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Our Labrador likes the "Sun" and often likes walking with McGizmo's
HD45 LuxV lighting the way!

46490653-M.jpg

jeffb

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast
American Staffordshire Terrier, Blaze. 3 Years old, Female, Rescued from a Snowbank in February 2004 during one of my wifes photoshoots. She weighed about 3 pounds then, now about 50.

Best, smartest dog we have ever owned.

PS, she knows what a drive thru is!

Last edited:

Josey

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love dogs, so I had to get into this.

The top dog is Gen. She's half lab, quarter German Shepard, quarter wolf, but really a big baby, although she did stand down a cougar at close range. Nobody got hurt.

Below is Holly trying to catch juvenile coho salmon. She never does. Holly is half lab and the other half is unknown.

DSC00629.jpg

hollyfish1.jpg

Latest posts