Inova Bolt Series Flashlight

guam9092

Newly Enlightened
Anyone on this forum have the new flashlight from Inova? One model uses two 123's and the other two AA's. How good is the quality of construction and output/run time?

Illum

Flashaholic
bolt series? :confused:

for the 123A version I assume your talking about the 2007 edition of XO3 [optics removed, now reflectored]

as for the "new" AA version I dont know anything about a new alkaline light from inova

sorry, cheers:grin2:

flashy bazook

Flashlight Enthusiast
someone mentioned in another thread that the bolt's started showing up at REI stores. If you have one close to where you live, you can go check them out.

or, you can also check their website, maybe they have details.
butteryjunction.com carries Inovas, but I haven't seen the bolts mentioned there yet. you could keep an eye out over there as well.

Jay T

Enlightened
Illum_the_nation said:
bolt series? :confused:

Yea they look like bolts.

bolt.jpg

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I do not know about the build quality or the beam but I like the look of it.

elgarak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone know when and where they will show up in the US? I'm looking for something to give as a gift, and those would fit the intended usage to a T.

I was thinking of a reflectored T-series light, but the person getting it would be much more happy with AA batteries.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last edited:

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oops.... I mean that I didn't understand why 2x123 lights were longer than 2xAA lights.
ohgeez.gif

But the Bolt series all use reflectors, I thought?

And actually, I quite like the 2xAAA Radiant. I might pick up a 2xAAA Bolt if they are a reasonable price.

elgarak

Flashlight Enthusiast
cratz2 said:
It never ceases to amaze me as to why 2x123 lights are almost always longer than 2xAA lights.
Huh? Mostly, my 2x123 lights are shorter than my 2xAA lights. Pretty much the only exception are Inovas (in the past due to the long TIROS).

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah... but looking at the bolt series, the 2xAA light is .5" shorter than the 2x123 light. I assume both use the same type of reflector...

FrogsInWinter

Enlightened
Per Inova, the Bolt Series lights should be available at the beginning of April.

But another website where I buy lights and other things from said that the Bolt series lights are expected in at around the end of April/beginning of May.

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
I picked-up a lithium Bolt the other day from REI.

--Two 123 size cells, with space in the tube for Inova's "plunger" switch thingy.

--K2 LED, with reflector (looks just like the new XO3 or T3 reflectors)

--Rubber sleeve over aluminum body.

--Twisty for constant, press for momentray tail cap

Part numbers:
BLT-3A=2 AAA powered
BLT-2A=2 AA powered
BLT-2L=Lithium cell powered.

--dan

FrogsInWinter

Enlightened
huh2.gif
What the heck? Wow does REI have some inside connections at INOVA? REI has 2 of the 3 Bolt series lights while Brightguy, BatteryJunction, Lighthound, and TradingPostSupply all don't have any of the Bolt series lights yet? Oh well. I can't buy them until after Easter anyway.

Thanks for the info dano. You have any beamshots pics or runtime tests planned?