C/D Maglite head protection

Majord

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone make a cover (or home made suggestion) for C/D Maglites To protect the head/lens when stored or transported etc... ?? I just did a 2C/CR123 conversion and I'm also going to do the TerraLUX MiniStar upgrade on a 4D. I'm concerned about lens damage in my hunting gear bag or in transport.
I did a search but no luck.

Thanks

Scattergun

Enlightened
Whats the diameter? See if any of Butler Creek lenscovers for optics would fit the bill?

LTXC^3

Newly Enlightened
Maglite makes a D cell accessory pack that includes a rubber slip-on anti-roll device that holds any of the three included colored lenses which fit against the bezel rim. Protecting both the rim and existing lens. Also providing quick colored lens change. It has worked well for my purpose. www.Brightguy.com

Good luck
Alec

Last edited:

Majord

Newly Enlightened
macforsale said:
Very low tech!

The next pair of socks with a hole ready for the trash or a single without a mate. I keep a 2C in the glove box inside a sock.

We have a winner! I thought about doing just that if need be. That's actually what style of cover I was referring to. I will do that for extra protection when in my gear bag. However I will also be ordering the accessory pack from Bright Guy for my Mag.
The Butler Creek is also another great idea. I'm also going to check that out for my Mag and other lights. I can't believe that I didn't think of that since all of my rifle scopes have these covers! :ohgeez: I have "Surefire" lens covers (filters) on my Surefires.
Thanks for ALL the help!! Problem solved.

Paladin

Enlightened
A 2C Maglite heads appears to be 2.235 in. The Butler Creek #39 Objective cover says it fits 2.220 + 0.025, so that should be the one needed. If I get a chance I'll check/verify in person later today. I already use BC covers on a pair of Electrolumen 1R's.

Paladin

Majord

Newly Enlightened
Paladin said:
A 2C Maglite heads appears to be 2.235 in. The Butler Creek #39 Objective cover says it fits 2.220 + 0.025, so that should be the one needed. If I get a chance I'll check/verify in person later today. I already use BC covers on a pair of Electrolumen 1R's.

Paladin

Cool. Thank you!!

Scattergun

Enlightened
If you want additional protection, all you have to do is to slip an extra lens between the lenscover and the flashlight, and you have double lenses just in case...and for all you guys that don´t have two-stage lights, just drill a hole in the cover and voila, you have a low-output option on your flashlight... just pick a diameter that matches how much light you want.
And if you want low light and color, glue a colored piece of plastic to the inside of the lenscover so that it covers the hole.

Last edited: