Custom battery pack for SL20X

depusm12

Flashlight Enthusiast
HELP

I am looking for a 7.2 volt NiHm battery pack for my SL-20X, it is the same size a 3D M*G/M*G charger. I know there is a CPF member who makes battery packs and sells them but I couldn't find the thread. Thanks in advance.

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
I thought that was what you were looking for when you initially posted, but I believe that battery pack is about the length of 2 D cells with two clusters of 3 AA sized NiMH batteries in series. The SL20/Mag Charger sticks are almost exactly the length of 3 D cells.

depusm12

Flashlight Enthusiast
Brighteyez said:
I thought that was what you were looking for when you initially posted, but I believe that battery pack is about the length of 2 D cells with two clusters of 3 AA sized NiMH batteries in series. The SL20/Mag Charger sticks are almost exactly the length of 3 D cells.

Actually I got the packs today in the mail. Makes my SL11 work like a charm. The SL11 is a SL20X with a js custom reflector and potted WA 1111 bulbs

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
So did you have to use a dummy cell to accommodate the battery?

depusm12 said:
Actually I got the packs today in the mail. Makes my SL11 work like a charm. The SL11 is a SL20X with a js custom reflector and potted WA 1111 bulbs

depusm12

Flashlight Enthusiast
No it fits fine. Its 3D sized and the SL20X is 3D sized as is the M*G Charger. It fit like a glove. Can't wait to try it out at work tomorrow night. The guys I workl with will think its my Tiger11 on steroids.:)

Last edited:

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh wow! From the picture, for some reason I thought it was two clusters of 3 AAs, rather than something the length of a SL20/Mag battery. And as a matter of fact, I did catch an equipment tech testing SL20s with 3 D batteries just to make sure the lamp assembly was working after the battery on the light had died, as he didn't have any other resources available at the time.

depusm12 said:
No it fits fine. Its 3D sized and the SL20X is 3D sized as is the M*G Charger. It fit like a glove. Can't wait to try it out at work tomorrow night. The guys I workl with will think its my Tiger11 on steroids.:)

dw51

Enlightened
Can someone fill me in as to where I can get one of these packs?