Sydney 2007 - Wednesday April 18th

Glen C

Enlightened
A continuation from this thread, wondering if there are enough CPF members who would like to meet up in Sydney. Will wait till we have a critical mass before we decide place and time, more just an expression of interest. Could be interesting with the influx of new models coming out daily.

Information post from second page added below for reference:

Venue: Blackman Park, Lane Cove

Date: Wednesday, April 18th 2007, 7 - 7.30 pm

After much driving and looking at locations, etc I have found Blackman Park at Lane Cove, just down from LCNP. It is on LLoyd Rees Drive, Lane Cove behind the Lane Cove industrial area so we will not be disturbed by any houses complaining about strange men with searchlights. If you have a look on the attached Google Map you can see a large buffer of bush around the park.

For those coming from Epping or Ryde, it is the next turn right (or south) , after Sam Johnson Drive to the industrial area. The name is Moore Street. It is easy to recognise because of the overhead footbridge next to Moore St. Please be aware that Mars Rd is blocked after Avalon Ave, which is not shown on all maps.

For those coming from the south, go through the tunnell or across the Sydney Harbour Bridge, up the freeway towards Chatswood (when you get to the new Lane Cove tunnel, take the Pacific Hwy exit which the leads to Longueville Rd exit. Longueville Rd turns into Epping Road then about 1.5 km from the exit is Moore Street, again recognisable by the footbridge. It is on your left. It is about 500m after the intersection of Centennial Drive, recognisable by the motorbike dealer and service station (BP?) near the corner.

If you are coming from the inner west I would take the Gladesville Bridge then follow the road as it is Burns Bay Road, then turn left at the main intersection of Penrose and Burns Bay Rd, which is the intersection with the Shell? service station at the top of the hill as you start to enter Lane Cove.

The location is a large park open till 8.30pm. About 50m after the main gate is a picnic shelter on the left, the only one, we will try to meet there or near there if in use. Just before the main gate is a community tennis court centre, last night when I was there I noticed the toilets were open after dark.

If you look at the google sattelite map you will see four trees dividing the park. The photos below were taken in the top 40% of the park (on the right in the map) facing towards the trees (one is lit in the photos). It is a big space.

One remaining question. Sunset is at 5.31pm, What time would suit everyone to arrive?

Looking forward to seeing everyone there.

Google map: http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=q&...6672&iwloc=addr

Photo of park taken in the dark showing the limited light spill from the road/car park:

darkwk5.jpg

Photo from same position with a Boxer for light:

hidgq7.jpg

Last edited:

lukestephens777

Enlightened
Re: Sydney 2007

One here! Who'd be keen! If anyone knows any other aussie sydney siders who would be interested maybe PM them!

I've got a few lights i could bring! My 35Watt HID is unreal!
- Luke

Glen C

Enlightened

Photongun, you have some interesting flashlights, would be great to see you there.

Norm

Retired Administrator

That reminds me, I wonder what happened to the Melbourne meet?
Norm

Haz

Enlightened

I notice you are a supporting dealer on CPF, what do you sell?, do you have a webstore?

Glen C

Enlightened

Norm, come up and see us in Sydney :)

Haz, I distribute Wolf Eyes and Lumens Factory in Australia. The website will be up in about 2 weeks, have all the stock here ready to go. I got the supporter icon straight away, the day I confirmed the dealership as I didn't want to mislead anyone or not pay my way.

As you can imagine I will probably bring a few Wolf Eyes plus a bit of other stuff from my collection

Delvance

Enlightened

07 torch meet aye ??? Sounds good, i'll be there!

For a list of people that made it to the first ever CPF sydney meet and 2nd, just look in the trade shows and get together area.

The first meet was initiated by Protaeus and the 2nd meet was organised by me. Should be able to find some members interested in this meet from those threads. Cheers.

Glen C

Enlightened

Delvance, great news and a good idea to get a few more of us together

Led_Blind

Enlightened

Hmm, you could twist my arm.... :)

edit: just noticing that a lot of us signed up in the last 6months... welcome to all newcomers :D

Glen C

Enlightened

LED Blind we are starting to get some momentum now :) Thanks for the welcome

Glen C

Enlightened

Orbit, already on family functions on the weekend, otherwise would have loved to catch up with a fellow flashaholic. Not sure about others?

By the ute in your avatar I assume you are aus based, whereabouts?