New Member from Greece

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
Greetings All!

New member here and please let me introduce myself.

I am Kostas and I am a Flashaholic.

I have been a Flashaholic for many years now, but the past year my Internet access, my paypal account and my wallet that is properly loaded at times have brought me to the point that I should seek assistance on group therapy.

So for those past years I have seek relief on the following drugs.

- Various PR el-cheapo flashlights taken from my fathers store.
- A MiniMaglite
- A 4 D-cell Maglite
- A Fulton US military flashlight
- And a wonderfully arcane Croatian-made military flashlight with a cell!!!

http://groups.msn.com/clenchedteetharticles/variousphotos.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=114
(click the Next tab at the upper left image corner)

Then I proceeded to more experimental drugs like the Diamond and Terralux Maglite Upgrades, the Palight and Pak-lite stuff, the Gerber Infinity Ultra, and of course a C2 and a KL-1/VitalGear FB-2 combo.

Advancing my search for the perfect drug I tried the Anglelux, the Police Xenon, and the Huntlight FT-02 convertible as well as some lesser stuff.

I tried the help of a good friend in the military to get off this flashlight affliction thing, but he turned out a flashaholic too, so now we are both sunk deep in our addiction sending our good money overseas every couple of months.

So guys please help me. Please support me in my effort to overcome my addiction. I promise I will never do flashlights again, if only you let me have one last fix.

( Palmblaze and HuntLight Ft-01XSE or Lumahunter M-1 Cree) LOL!

And here is my flashlight story!

"Flashaholic saves the Greek regional elections this autumn"

Well I got called to fulfill my duties as a civilian representative/secretary at the regional elections to a local voting station. This one, and some others, were house in a school building nearby. And it was a long day starting before sunrise and finishing what may (02:30 hours in my case).
So right about 23:00 we lose power in the building. I immediately pull out my KL-1 and tell the people on our station to stay calm and wait for me. I am running to my car to my flashlights while catching up with a rookie cop in the hallway totally amiss and ill-prepared.
I resisted the urge to scream "so what are you looking at? YOU should have a flashlight"
Imagine his astonishment when I returned carrying the DiamondLed Maglite, the Croatian weirdo and a Philips car lamp/flashlight/blink-light combo.
I gave the Maglite to the next station where a friend of my sister's and his father was on duty, and since another station somehow managed to get some church candles going, kept the rest a the flashlights for us.
It took more than an hour to find the electrician on duty and fix the problem but all the while we were up counting votes!!!

Well seriously now. The story is so silly it has become hilarious. But I did manage to gain an hours more sleep that night 'cos we were going nowhere till the job was done.

Anyway, stay well all, we'll be talking again. kostas

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Greetings Kostas

I am very new to this Forum too. Believe me, buying flashlights is a GREAT way of spending money and it is not even fattening!

kV

flashy bazook

Flashlight Enthusiast
Costas,

welcome, I too am fairly new but have been posting more than I ever expected, and don't ask about the money spent!

I enjoyed your story very much - I would be interested to know whether you are able to buy any serious flashlights locally, and at decent prices, or whether you need to order them via internet and from foreign sources.

on your latest need for the 1 perfect flashlight, I can tell you I have the Lumapower M1 and it seems it would be helpful in your situation. The Huntlight I haven't had so can't really say much, other than it is similar in some respects to the M1.

the one other thing I'd like to say is to stop buying incans - unless for a very specialized use (e.g., very large lumen outputs with very short runtimes). And also, start selling some of those more obsolete lights! If finding good lights locally is not easy, you should be able to get decent prices even for older equipment!

is there a local equivalent to e-bay? Otherwise, maybe just put them up for sale in your father's store!

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK Kostas, You've found your other home. Cheers & welcome to our fun and funny group grasping at giagantic, geometric, gains, of gigilumens.

We're happy to have you here.

bray

Newly Enlightened
WELCOME, this site is a killer. I had money at one time...That time being before i found this site. I love it tho

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
flashy bazook said:
I would be interested to know whether you are able to buy any serious flashlights locally, and at decent prices, or whether you need to order them via internet and from foreign sources.

Well you can buy serious flashlights but at a gross suicidal price. The merchants are mercyless killers.
Maglite 2D Led upgrade : 32Euros = $42
Surefire G2 : 65 Euros = $86

Thanks god I have a credit card.I buy flashlights from the US every 2 months or so. Lattest was a Tactikka XP.
Lighthound has taken some 100s of bucks from me!

flashy bazook said:
Costas,
on your latest need for the 1 perfect flashlight, I can tell you I have the Lumapower M1 and it seems it would be helpful in your situation. The Huntlight I haven't had so can't really say much, other than it is similar in some respects to the M1.

Now this is something I have to ponder about...I have postponed the purchace for now since I am not able to decide on Huntlight or Lumapower. The difference on Bezel size, with all the pecularities troubles me....

flashy bazook said:
Costas,
the one other thing I'd like to say is to stop buying incans - unless for a very specialized use (e.g., very large lumen outputs with very short runtimes). And also, start selling some of those more obsolete lights! If finding good lights locally is not easy, you should be able to get decent prices even for older equipment!

Just what I am preparing to do. Sell a 2-cell Maglite upgrade I bought by mistake and a Diamond LED 3W Mag Upgrade which will be replaced by the P4 equivalent.

flashy bazook said:
Costas,
is there a local equivalent to e-bay? Otherwise, maybe just put them up for sale in your father's store!

There is no Ebay and my fathers store is no more since he is retired now. Had I had an access to a firm I would be importing lights myself! ( I cannot form a corp/firm myself)

But I do have contacts in the military and police so I will push these items quick.

bazook and the rest thank you for your wellcoming. This site is good spirited to say the least. Maybe it is the shopping spree effect???

LOL kostas

Tightgroup

Newly Enlightened
Welcome Kostas, you will find a great bunch of people here on the forum, but we all seem to help each other spend more money by purchasing more lights every month, sometimes every week! Might as well not resist, just pull up a chair and get ready to order your next light......:)

Regards,

Todd

Secur1

Enlightened
Kalos ton :)

To portofoli sou kai ta matia sou !!! Egw mphka gia ena kai koita ti exw parei ws twra sthn ypografh mou :p

Welcome :D

Sharpdogs

Enlightened
Welcome! I was in Greece last summer, Ios and Saranetha (spelling?). My wife's family is from there. We try to go every other year. Wonderful country, I can't wait to go back.

Greg

Newly Enlightened
Eihe tosou Ellenes tho kai then exera. Po po po, ti tha kanoume.

Welcome aboard Kosta. It's been a while since I have been to Greece, but with all these flashlights I have now, I could light up my parents entire village. That's partially why I want to go back.

flashgreenie

Enlightened
kalimera Kostas :)
I wished you joined up 2 years ago when I was working in Athens. Would have been cool to meet up with you:grin2:
The greek postal system nearly gave me a heart attack when I thought they lost my brass lioncub, my very first custom flashlight...:ohgeez:

sb0007

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

Welcome to the forums. watch the light review and your watch+cheque book.