LCD monitor arrived CrAcKeD! Pic.

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
This came yesterday via UPS. It looked great until I plugged it in. :awman:
komodo.jpg

Now I have to do MORE work and put it back in to the box and take it to costco. Well, I needed more beer, anyway. :lolsign:

I ordered 2, and the other one works OK. At least I can watch 24 in HD next week.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
WOW - I hope you don't develop a "BAD CRACK" habit"!! :ohgeez:

Seriously, Costco is pretty good about taking care of the customer! Still the hassle you have to go through though...it's tough for me to get out of Costco without spending more money each time I go there. They've always got something I need or want at a pretty decent price!

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Typical UPS behavior. Last month, at the mall, I saw a UPS truck parked with the guy getting his deliveries "in order." I swear, this may sound like a lie, but it's the truth--packages actually came flying out the back of the UPS truck, landing about 6 feet away! I saw the truck as I was coming out of JC Penny's, and then turned to look as I heard a thud. That thud was the packages apparently being flung from the truck, hitting the ground and rolling! This isn't the first time I've seen this type of thing happen. Another time, in another city, the UPS guy was in back of the truck (on the ground), and I saw him *toss* (not gently) packages into the truck. I'm not talking about gentle tosses onto the ground. He threw them about 3 or 4 feet off the floor of the truck, into the center of it--probably about a 7 foot flight, the flying packages hitting others and tumbling to the ground. Someone ought to get these guys on tape. My guess, is that they're probably bogged down with so many deliveries that they're becomming angry and frustrated. USPS carriers are my heroes!

Last edited:

gimmejr

Newly Enlightened
Trashman said:
Someone ought to get these guys on tape. My guess, is that they're probably bogged down with so many deliveries that they're becomming angry and frustrated. USPS carriers are my heroes!

Its their choice to make that their job and some get paid dam well to do it. Ive seen the similar actions myself.

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are you sure you didn't :banghead: while trying to read the owner's manual? :huh:

That's a darn shame :( Hope it's resolved soon.

Illum

Flashaholic
EngrPaul said:
Are you sure you didn't :banghead: while trying to read the owner's manual? :huh:

LCD screens are stronger than that....I've been there before, only I wasnt reading a manual, I was trying to find my glasses:ohgeez:

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
The second display was double-boxed and did not have any similar issues, although the speakers buzz and I'm not digging that. I really like watching the HD programs, though, they look awesome.

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Eh, speakers in monitors are never good really.

The display looks pretty trippy! Hope you get it resolved. I got a dell monitor and the aperture grill was detached and half of the screen was all messed up. I had to call to RMA it back and the lady insisted that it was my video card drivers and to re-install them. (it was not the case since it was the same in dos or win95). I told her I hooked it up to another computer and it was the same, she said oh ok and I didn't have to jump through hoops. It was clearly physical damage, as you could see it even with the display off. I guess the carrier had dropped it very hard...

Latest posts