Pelican SML a BIG disappointment

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
About a week ago I posted a topic about a Hubbel Lite I had purchased, and asked for opinions on the Pelican Super Mitylite. Well, having to see for myself, I ordered a SML, and to put it mildly...this thing SUCKS!!!
mad.gif
mad.gif
tongue.gif
I didn't really expect too much in the way of beam quality for a light this size, but I did expect it to be fairly decent. In fact, the Hubbel with the 400% xenon bulb completely outshines the SML with the 600% xenon bulb. I don't know if I got a bad bulb with the SML, but I'm totally disappointed...oh well, since I bought the set with the Peliknife, at least I got a fairly nice pocket knife out of the deal
rolleyes.gif

In detail, the SML's beam is noticeably yellow to brownish in some spots around the edge; the brightest part of the beam is way off-set to one side; the center of the beam is a "black hole", and all in all it looks like my 4 year old stepdaughter did a finger painting with light when I shine it at a wall.
shocked.gif
!!! But being a fairly objective person, I will say it has decent peripheral light (
rolleyes.gif
...).
Anyway, does anybody know where I can buy a lamp assembly with a faceted reflector for this thing? In my last post, somebody said that Pelican makes them, but I can't seem to find one on their website, or any other website for that matter. Thanx for letting me vent this...I feel better already
grin.gif
grin.gif

PJD

...there is no more frustrating sight in the world than a lousy beam...