Best web sites for ipod downloads????

jymkym_1

Newly Enlightened
just wanted to see if anyone can recommend any good websites for downloading
music etc. for the ipod, free sites or not........ thnx

dan_

Newly Enlightened
Check allofmp3.com
It´s an russian site, but the prices are not to beat! The site is very good (fast, secure, comfortable), downloaded many mp3's already.
A song out of the actual charts i.e. is about 0.10US$, depending on sample rate. go for it!

regards,
dan_

pactchncn

Newly Enlightened
Bit torrents are great, you can download any bit torrent client, google the name of the song, album, or artist with torrent at the end (Stone Sour torrent) and they are usually pretty fast, free, and somewhat illegal, but hard to track.

paulr

Flashaholic
www.magnatune.com - free 128k mp3, paid wav/flac full-cd downloads

www.jamendo.com - tons of free stuff, generally pretty good, but mostly european (lots of songs written in french, etc)

www.archive.org - astounding amount of live shows from various taper-friendly bands. some other recordings as well.

Groundhog66

Banned
pactchncn said:
Bit torrents are great, you can download any bit torrent client, google the name of the song, album, or artist with torrent at the end (Stone Sour torrent) and they are usually pretty fast, free, and somewhat illegal, but hard to track.

I could locate all kinds of obscure stuff on Limewire that my buddy could not find using Bit torrent. :twothumbs

billgr

Newly Enlightened
allofmp3.com is a fantastic site.

about 12 cents a download on average..

no spyware no viruses. nice clean fast site.

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Groundhog66 said:
I could locate all kinds of obscure stuff on Limewire that my buddy could not find using Bit torrent. :twothumbs

Obscure stuff Like what? maybe he just doesn't know how to search.

cbdudley

Enlightened
Try emusic.com. It's not free, but prices are very reasonable. Files are high quality MP3s and will work with any portable music player.

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
why not just Google it?

Try this on the google search bar, just change where it says NAME OF SONG OR ARTIST HERE but dont remove the " Don't change anything else!

intitle:index.of "mp3" +"NAME OF SONG OR ARTIST HERE" -htm -html -php -asp "Last Modified"

Last edited:

felder

Newly Enlightened
I'm really surprised at the posts here. No one seems to have mentioned that most of the options listed here are illegal. This includes the Russian mp3 site. It may be legal in Russia, but it most likely is illegal here. In fact allofmp3.com is such a hot issue that it may even jeopardizing Russia's entry into the WTO.

A lot of people get really upset around here about Chinese knock offs and theft of intellectual property when it comes to the tools we use, but it appears many don't seem to mind it when it comes to software and media.

Allofmp3.com is no different than a Chinese knock off of your favorite knife.