• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Peak Website down

arty

Enlightened
I just checked the Peak website, and it is down.
Any idea what's up?

Grubbster

Enlightened
I haven't visited the website for a long time. No new information, pictures, lights, price drops,.... what is the point of going there? Hopefully they are updating it with all the wonderful new lights I know they are capable of producing.

Lebkuecher

Flashlight Enthusiast
I heard they were going to be updating the site in the near future earlier this week so I'm sure that is what is going on.

h_nu

Enlightened
Looks like they have a new logo.

I too am hoping for a Cree option. At the very least they need to include their Baltic and other options on the web. Maybe better explanations of their output options and runtime graphs too.

LED_Thrift

Flashlight Enthusiast
parnass said:
This message appears at http://www.peakledsolutions.com

Peak LED Solutions is down until
03.05.06 8:00am PST
For Updates

I just checked also and the site says it will be down until 03.05.06! [2006 !? ]

I LOVE the Peak lights I have but everything about their website always seems so behind the times, including the dates. If the new site is even close to matching the quality of their lights, it will be great. Long awaited.

And +1 for the hoped for Cree Peak lights.

fredb

Newly Enlightened
I'm hoping 06 was just a typo and today is the day where we'll see some new and exciting things. Unfortunately, if today is indeed the day, they're a couple of hours past due and my refresh finger is starting to grow weary...

RobynS

Newly Enlightened
Sorry about the 06 - yes typo -

It should be up very shortly - Please keep in mind we will be adding to it throughout the next few weeks, so if you don't see something right away - please be patient.

Thank you and have a great day!

Robyn

arty

Enlightened
The site is up, and it has the Baltic on it. That much is new.
I was thinking of browsing through the accessories and picking something up - but none are listed.
I will be patient. I am not in any hurry....

fredb

Newly Enlightened
I know that this is going to sound horribly negative, but I'm not all that certain that the new website is more useful than the old.

FrogsInWinter

Enlightened
Arty or one of the Mods, maybe change the name of the thread to
"Peak website back up, thoughts/comments?"
or something like that.

The redesign looks nice, but I sure hope that they're still in the process of cleaning it up and adding more information to the products.

schill

Newly Enlightened
I haven't had a chance to look at the new site yet. You need flash in order to do or see anything except view the privacy policy (the shopping cart link on the first page is broken).

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
schill said:
.. You need flash in order to do or see anything except view the privacy policy (the shopping cart link on the first page is broken).

I am disappointed when I see web sites which rely on Flash technology.

It introduces another level of complexity into web viewing and imposes additional requirements on the viewer (e.g., having the "proper" version of Flash installed). I am not able to view some web sites which employ a new version of Flash which hasn't been made available yet for my operating system (Fedora Core Linux).

nine

Newly Enlightened
parnass said:
I am disappointed when I see web sites which rely on Flash technology.

It introduces another level of complexity into web viewing and imposes additional requirements on the viewer (e.g., having the "proper" version of Flash installed). I am not able to view some web sites which employ a new version of Flash which hasn't been made available yet for my operating system (Fedora Core Linux).

Its a common problem. A lot of newer designers don't understand backwards compatibility. They just haven't gotten a lot of experience in developing for the masses. When I put up Flash enabled sites, its always with Flash 7. The Flash player for Linux should cover up to that point, but Flash 9 is rather tricky. Its the first version to come after the Adobe acquisition of Macromedia... and Adobe seems to hate backwards compatibility.

BrightIdeaOSU

Newly Enlightened
The site looks nice (clean and simple design) and works well with Flash. Flash is so standard now, it probably will only be a problem with some cell phones and older computers. However, back-grading to flash 7 would make it work on the Wii better. . .

dfred

Enlightened
There are definitely users who have never, and will never, run Flash on their computers.

I generally refuse to do business with companies that have flash-only websites...

DallasA

Enlightened
It does not matter they have dealers that do not use flash, plus not everyone will be happy! There will always be plenty of "whiners" out there to complain about every little thing.

Now how about adding some new products to the list! ( Smirk )

MJ