3/07 Maglite Clearance at Target

sysadmn

Enlightened
Between keyboard and chair, in the US Midwest.
Browsing the hardware clearance section at my local Target, I noticed they're cleaning out the flashlight shelves. Several of the older Innova and Brinks LED and krypton 1/3 off. Best of all, 2D Krypton Maglites in bronze and 4D Krypton Maglites in platinum for $11.42! The "cool" colors (black, red, blue) were regular price. I think ~$17.99/2-D, $19.99/4-D.

I'd guess Maglites are a little pedestrian for this group :) I like them 'cause they're rugged and easy to mod. Plus the 3 and 4 D have that special "Reach Out and Touch Someone" feature.

I suspect they're making shelf space for the next gen stuff - already several models boast "1.5W" or "3W" LEDS. (best was one flashlight that claimed "63.7 milliwatts of light!" Hope that's not a 3W LED with 2% efficiency and "232.3 milliwatts of heat!")

sysadmn

Enlightened
Between keyboard and chair, in the US Midwest.
DUQ said:
Blasphemy! CPF loves Mags.

Good. One of the things that attracted me to CPF was the number of enthusiasts that tinker and mod. I can't stand forums where the point seems to be to advertise just how much you've spent on your hobby. For an example, mention an amplifier that costs less than $1000 in an audiophile group :)

Campdavid

Newly Enlightened
You really have to keep an eye on the clearance and special items at Target....they offer some good deals! I just picked up a Garmin eTrex Legend Cx GPS for $124 ......it's $269 everywhere else and is new on the market so the price won't drop any time soon.....heck it was cheaper than the original Vista (still around $200) which has been available for at least 5 or 6 years. I know this is not a flashlight but a good example of some of the deals to be found at Target.

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the heads-up, but...
Ha! I just got a Copper 2D there for $8.73! Don't even know what I will do with it yet, but I have been playing with different bulbs in Mags, blowing a few incans, and even one LED (my poor EverLED, I'll miss it) and just got a Diamond LED upgraded to Seoul (Super bright with massive throw.. thanks Pumaman) so I couldn't resist.

They also have a few River Rocks up for paltry bucks. The tiny multi coin cell twistie is $2.98 and the 2AAA 0.5W two-level headlight is ~$7.78 (was $15). Not a bad source for a two stage switch alone.

Several other things were already sold out. The Inova Radiant series was on sale half price! The 2C is smaller than a 2C Mag and is $15 (was $30) and 2AA is $10. I was very tempted. If you need something like that, get them now.

oregon

Enlightened
Sherwood, OR Target, this AM:

$11.82 4D pewter Maglite Krypton, humungus (there was one left).
$4.88 Inova red micro (keychain) led, 4 function (high, low, strobe and signal) (3 left).

Thank you kindly for the heads up. Nothing quite like a bargain for those whats got the shopping disease.

All the best,

oregon

Lobo

Flashlight Enthusiast
DUQ said:
You guys in the US sure get nice price's on Mags. A 2C up here is running at $36CDN or about $30USD.

What the hell are you complaining about, a Mag 2D(never seen a C-model) goes for 50USD here in Sweden! Beat that! :)
And a MagLED 2D goes for around 80USD, and that's from an online store!

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's 'cause we gots to pays for health care down here.

You could always order the light from a US vendor that ships to Canada, like Zbattery.com. They even have fixed brokerage rates through UPS that are much much less than the over the counter price that you might pay through the normal UPS Standard rate.

DUQ said:
You guys in the US sure get nice price's on Mags. A 2C up here is running at $36CDN or about $30USD.