Beamshots: AmiLite T5 vs. P1D CE & vs. LumaHunter M1

akromat

Newly Enlightened
The AmiLite T5 is simply
drool.gif
!!!!!! What a floodbeam with the McR20 orange peel reflector!!!
Mini review: The quality feeling of this light is amazing, the HAIII coating is military grey/green (more green than grey) and seems a little uneven with some hardly visible spots in the coating that are more grey than the rest of the body. Lens seems to be uncoated (no tint). Balance is excellent with the balance point at the middle of the body. Clickie button looks exactly like the M1 button and feels slightly lighter to push compared to the M1. The "click" is not as distinct as on the M1. Compared to the T3 the word "Korea" is printed in white right below the AmiLite logo. When unscrewing the tail or head of the light the threads feel so smooth, like butter. One O-ring for the head and one for the tail.
Lanyard is first class, about 3mm thick, made of "military green" woven nylon, with a plastic adjusting "thingy".
Feels very light in the hand. The perfect EDC.:rock:
Camera: Canon Powershot A640
Camera settings in the first two shots: 1/8 sec. F2.8
Distance: 1 meter to wall = 3.28 feet
Batteries: Brand new Sanyo CR123A "Made in Japan" in all lights, put in before photographing

The T5 is the "Dual" version with 30 lumens in Low mode

T5 left P1D CE right: Lowest Mode on both

1-8-t5-p1d-low-.jpg

T5 left M1 right: Lowest Mode on both

1-8-t5-m1-low.jpg

Camera settings: 1/15 sec. F2.8

T5 left P1D CE right: Highest Mode on both

1-15-t5-p1d-high.jpg

T5 left M1 right: Highest Mode on both

1-15-t5-m1-high.jpg

Last edited:

cernobila

Flashlight Enthusiast
akromat said:
Brand new Sanyo CR123A "Made in Japan" in all lights, put in before photographing

Thanks, I got to learn to read the whole thread before darting for the keyboard.....a question of looking at the pictures and not reading the words....btw, I ordered one just 12 hours ago, only few more sleeps to go!

akromat

Newly Enlightened
Cernobila: I modified my post after your question.. so you had read correctly..I did not have battery information at that time in the post...
Ahh, the waiting period.. it is horrible..feels like when one was a kid a few days before christmas...every hour felt like an eternity...
The folks at AmiLite ship very fast, I was amazed that it took only 5 days from Seoul, Korea to Uppsala, Sweden..

Chao

Enlightened
Wow, T5's beam is nice, thanks for the beamshots, you convince me to buy one, does the hot spot in T5 brighter than P1D CE?

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice!!! Can you take some throw shots?...doesn't matter if it's indoors or outdoors. Just wondering how the throw is.

Also, using ceiling bounce test, is the T5 brighter than the P1D-CE?

Thanks.

whc

Enlightened
WOW! Nice looks like Luxeon beam, just double the output, very nice, can't wait to receive mine...

-->akromat
How is the flashlight to use, it is reverse clicky, and is it single or double o-ring sealed? Any pics of the flashlight without the head and tailcap?

YES! Just searched the tracking number I got from Amilite, and found that the package containing the T5 is in my country today, that will most likely mean that I will have it tomorrow :D...That's fast, was shipped on Friday.

Last edited:

akromat

Newly Enlightened
More Beamshots

Tree 10 meters outside my living room window. Unfortunately a lot of surrounding street lights.

Camera settings: 1 sec exposure F2.8

M1 High Mode

1-M1-highLarge.jpg

P1D CE High Mode

1-P1D-highLarge.jpg

T5 High Mode

1-T5-highLarge.jpg

akromat

Newly Enlightened
Ceiling bounce images

Camera setting: 1/60 sec. F2.8
Distance: 1.8 meters

P1D CE Highest Mode

1-60-P1D-highLarge-1.jpg

M1 Highest Mode

1-60-M1-highLarge.jpg

T5 Highest Mode

1-60-T5-highLarge-2.jpg

BMRSEB

Enlightened
Wonder how it would look with an M1 would the OP reflector for a smoother beam? The T5 does have a wider hotspot than both lights.

Maybe Ernsanada can post pics of his M1 with the OP reflector and we can compare it to the T5.

Last edited:

daveman

Enlightened
Very smooth beam, but it's not a flood light, the overall beam width is virtually identical to the P1D CE, which is NOT a flood light in it's own right.

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's the beam shots of the M1 Cree.

M1 Cree, OP Reflector @ 96"

dsc04208smallha9.jpg

M1 Cree, OP Reflector @ 96" Stepped down exposure.

dsc04209smallzb4.jpg

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have you dropped in a 3.7v rechargable cell yet? I bet the output would be even more impressive!

Very nice pics btw. The T5 looks to have a great looking beam and some nice output as well. Looks well worth the money.

BMRSEB

Enlightened
Definitely a wider hotspot than the M1, looks a bit brighter too... In all fairness, the M1 is about twice the distance away from the wall as the T5.. The M1 does have a brighter sidespill though..

Thanks to Erns and Akromat for the "borrowed" photos..:)

LumaPower M1
M1.jpg

Amilite T5
T5.jpg

Last edited: