Tighter Beam than 35 Watt HID Sams Club?

lukestephens777

Enlightened
Hi i ordered a 35 Watt HID spotlight from hidfoglight.com and am very impressed with the light. Incredibly bright, spent the last two nights spotting Dolphins near a breakwall on holidays. I think i'd really like an HID with a very tight beam so i can really show off the Throw possible with an HID. Whats my best option for getting an HID Spotlight/Torch with a super tight far throwing beam?

Thanks fellas!

mdocod

Flashaholic
take a "15MCP" thor and put a good automotive 35 or 50W HID conversion in it. I think that's about the most throw possible for a reasonable price.

Ra

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maxabeam has better throw, but is very expensive. And MB has poor lumens-output compared to the Costo-HID.

Big HID-lights like Costo are the best compromise between high lumens-output and throw. And alot cheaper !!!

Regards,

Ra.

rufusdufus

Newly Enlightened
lukestephens777 said:
Hi i ordered a 35 Watt HID spotlight from hidfoglight.com and am very impressed with the light.
How did you ship it out?
SEA or AIR?
How long did it take?
Cost?
I don't think the COSTCO is much better than what you have.

Last edited:

lukestephens777

Enlightened
I got mine from HIDFOGLIGHT.COM

It's a pretty amazing unit, it's called the HID Flashlight, has a 7" Focus Radial!

It's incredibly bright, was about $40 bucks shipping to Australia, took about four weeks.

I'm not sure if it's like the Costco or Harbour Freight. I havent seen those units. this may be a bitt different.

All in all im impressed, i just would like to have more throw. This thing throws well like easy 150 metres + but it's very floody and not defined, i'd like something that throws an intense fairly narrow beam! Now that's be cool!

rufusdufus

Newly Enlightened
Are you sure about that 4 weeks shipping,mine took 10 weeks.

You'll have to get a SUPERNOVA.

There beam is too narrow for most people,(like a laser).

There was one for sale last week I believe.

lukestephens777

Enlightened
I'd like to stick to HID's, theyre more efficient and last much longer, although much more expensive. Might have to give up as anything i can find on here looks to be much too expensive.

Thanks all for your input!

Patriot

Flashaholic
lukestephens777 said:
I'd like to stick to HID's, theyre more efficient and last much longer, although much more expensive. Might have to give up as anything i can find on here looks to be much too expensive.

Thanks all for your input!

I thought that Hallis made a great recommendation with the Costco HID.

Is that still too expensive? They really are budget "throw monsters" as he had stated.

lukestephens777

Enlightened
Sorry Kind of missed his post...

I'd be curious to try one of the costco ones out. Postage for big items like the costco is the killer when having it shipped to Australia...