Battery Junction - Olight
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why are 2xAA lights so ugly?

Flashaholic*

Default Re: Why are 2xAA lights so ugly?

Quote Originally Posted by Luna
    "For every ugly gal, there is a guy with bad taste"

Quote Originally Posted by Tooner
    LOL. You too? I'm glad I'm not alone. I just got a L2P ver 2 a couple of weeks ago and I find myself pushing on the bezel about twice a day.
    after I carry the light using the holster it stopped happening as now i observe the direction of the light....before the light can rotate in my pocket for god knows how many times, now it cant

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by WildChild
    Personnally I prefer the L2D/L2T body style! It gives them a unique style and a lot more grip!
    I couldn't agree more. When I first saw this light, I thought it looked different, but not ugly.

After using the L2D for a couple weeks, the shape has "grown" on me. It definitely looks nicer in real life. And it feels better in the hand than more traditional shaped lights. I get a much more secure grip.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lobo
    About the estethics, I'm still on the fence which is the best looking of L2P and L2T/L2D, not that it's overly important to me. But I found that the L2P is almost perfect in size for me, comfortable to grip, and not too small (btw, I dont have gigantic hands either) and a very solid feel. So the L2D would maybe feel a bit too thin and flimsy, but I have never hold one in my hand. What's your opinion regarding that?

My only reason why I'm puzzled why the changed the design is that the new one looks much more complex to do, and there wasnt nothing really wrong with the first one, but I might be wrong.

Much better grip with the slimmer, knurled L2T/L2D over the needlessly fat & slippery L2P. Also, this probably shaved a hair of weight off the light.

I think of people who tried them both in person, 95% would prefer the L2T/L2D style body over the L2P.

I have used both body styles myself.

The L2D could still use some more knurling near the back of the body, but it's definately an improvement.
    Last edited by InfidelCastro; 03-07-2007 at 11:51 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12