dang cuts...new knife!

jds009

Enlightened
got 4 stitches yesterday, :ohgeez:had never had them before, just the glue. its still numb a bit, hurts like hell. :mad:im also gonna go buy an ontario fixed blade within the week. dont know how i swung that with my parents right after being cut:naughty:

questions

whats the worst place youve cut yourself & how did you do it?

Last edited:

Hooligan

Newly Enlightened
Being a former Boy Scout, I have my fair share of cuts, mostly thanks to non-locking folding knives (Swiss Army). I had one snap shut on my finger one time. I also managed to hit my left pointer finger with a small hatchet while splitting kindling. Thankfully it wasn't a full stroke...

My most recent cut was while trying to sharpen a small nick out of my Benchmade. I was really leaning into the extra coarse stone on my Lansky kit and I slipped and cut myself pretty good on a knuckle. That sucker is just now getting fully healed up and I did it a few weeks ago (good reason to keep a sharp knife).

cy

Flashaholic
don't play with knives, that's how you get hurt!

it's hard not to with a new blade... when I catch myself playing with a blade. that's when that blade gets put away.

jds009 said:
got 4 stitches yesterday, :ohgeez:had never had them before, just the glue. its still numb a bit, hurts like hell. :mad:im also gonna go buy an ontario fixed blade within the week. dont know how i swung that with my parents right after being cut:naughty:

questions

whats the worst place youve cut yourself & how did you do it?
do you have any ontarios? im thinking about getting the air force one. should i spend 20 bucks more & get a kabar? i dont really like the leather sheath...but...

kingoftf

Newly Enlightened
Cut twice into my right forefinger yesterday less than 10 seconds after first used the Kershaw ET...... awesome blade ......Little devil.....

elgarak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got a deep cut and 4 stitches in my left index finger, just below the knuckle. The embarrassing thing was that it happened at 2 in the morning.

Note: Never play with a new knife late at night when you cannot sleep!

Danbo

Enlightened
I can't count the times I've cut myself, so I won't even try.

The worst thing about cutting yourself, is the involuntary girl-like shriek that comes out of your mouth as you're cutting yourself. :) By the way, that same shriek also comes out of your mouth, when you accidently stick a fish hook in your finger. :)

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Kershaw ET is a guaranteed cut waiting to happen. Mine actually came from the vendor with a pack of bandaids!!

I made it about 45 seconds before it bit me!

Bill

KC2IXE

Flashaholic*
worst cut wasn't a knife, but an x-acto razor saw - I was hand holding the work (yeah - I know, dumb) when the saw slipped, and went across the back of my left thumbs knuckle - they is still a nice little notch in the bone that I sawed out in that split second - oh, 25 years yeas ago

coontai

Newly Enlightened
I hate to say it, but it is the best way to learn. I keep learning all the time...

Knighthood

Newly Enlightened
I had a swiss army knife that I use to carry since I was 16 years old ( given to me by my grandfather ). Anyway it folded on me while I was using it and I switched to a locked swiss army knife and never look back since then.

P.S. I bleed like heck and it hurt like heck too !! :crazy:

benchmade_boy

Flashlight Enthusiast
jds009 said:
Nope, parent teachers conference! im waiting though...get to go get a new knife, camping & such, gonna be nice...
next week is our spring break. our end of the nine weeks are on friday so no school, then we get today and tomorow off as our boys basketball is going to state.

i am going "fishing" with a special somone over our spring break:sssh:.

ginaz

Enlightened
i proved the old saying about dull knives being more dangerous just 30 minutes ago. i was slicing some bread and the knife skipped off the crust instead of biting in and bit right into my tender flesh instead. i bandaided it and thought all was well until a bit later i noticed a puddle of blood on the table where i was reading the paper. soaked all the way through the bandaid and kept running!

D@rk Messenger

Enlightened
cutlerylover said:
I try to explain that to people and they just don't understand me, lol...

I have the exact same problem with my parents, their drawer of knives in reality has only what I consider are now butter knives :ohgeez: I almost cut the top of my thumb off once, but since I sharpened the knife recently, it healed pretty micely in about a week.

Last edited:

Sable

Enlightened
Worst cut I've ever had was when a leatherman fell on me from a catwalk several meters above. I wound up with a pretty impressive stab wound on my forearm, but nothing life-changing.

Many, many of my friends and associates have cut themselves with my Benchmade Auto-Stryker. That thing opens with a lot more authority than it looks like, and people tend to drop it.

highorder

Enlightened
according to my records, I have 37 stitches in 8 different places on my hands, with another 26 stitches scattered around my body.

shop work takes a toll, but at least 14 of those are knife related.

FWIW, my first 11 stitches were courtesy of my brother when I was five years old. he cranked me over the head with a 2x4 and opened up my skull. 11 stitches later, I was back at home eating ice cream.

dyee

Newly Enlightened
When I was young I was playing with my sak and decided to open all the tools. One of the tools opposite the blade was tough to close and my thumb went all the way across the blade. Largest flapper I ever had, almost lost my thumb print that day.