Multiple RCR123 in series?

alanagnostic

Enlightened
Do many of you guys use multiple RCR123 cells in your lights? I just saw a couple of 7.2V LA from Lumens Factory for E series flashlights. The lamp assemblies are supposed to put out 150 and 110 lumens. I would like to try them in my E2E because I've always believed the one drawback of the E series lights was not being able to use rechargeables with their bulbs.

I would normally charge the two rechargeable cells I was going to use together to ensure they are both fully charged, but are there any other issues I should know about? Is this not recommended, a little risky, a lot risky or what? Up until now I've been using single rechargeable cells like 17670 and RCR123's.

DM51

Flashaholic
Not risky. You are matching the cells, charging them together etc, so you are doing everything right. The LF 7.2v LAs are fine for 2x RCR123. You could test them after charging with a DMM to make double sure everything is OK.

Just don't install them immediately after charging - let them rest and cool off for 30+ mins first.

mudman cj

Flashlight Enthusiast
Where corn and pigs are grown unimpeded by trees
As long as the cells are protected you don't have to worry about one driving the other one negative and causing a problem. It happened to me, and I learned my lesson. For these higher current lamps, I recommend AW's new high current protected cells.