remote helicopter

sizzlechest

Enlightened
While ordering my last batch of flashlights from deal extreme I just had to pick up one of their cheap remote control helicopters-

I gotta say, its pretty funny. Really easy to fly and actually designed to be flown in the house.

My kids are getting a huge kick out of it. A ton of laughs so far for $20.

I may have to get one for the office!

Edit- sorry here's the web site:

www.dealextreme.com

(of course you'll end up buying a bunch of the flashlights so be warned!)

Last edited:

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
They (as long as they're working) are a lot of fun. I got to fly one of the new dragonfly Wowwee deals today, and they're pretty sweet too..

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I also got one of those. It was one of those "impulse" things. Heck for $20 it was a screaming deal. I may also have to get one for the office. Heck, I may get my some co-workers into it.

sizzlechest

Enlightened
Sorry, I didn't mean to add to the "cash depletion temptations" of this forum, but these things are really humorous!

They have three different frequencies (which I believe they choose for you) but it'd be great to have an air battle with three of them!

BTW- they have a blinking LED on board the helicopter, so it sort of relates to flashlights.

Mine hasn't broke yet and I'm crashing it constantly pretty much........

BTW- plan on an INCREDIBLY SLOW DELIVERY TIME ON THESE. Basically forgot you ordered it and it will show up about a week after you've forgotten about it!

Led_Blind

Enlightened
Yeah, i fly larger niros and a trex450 and found these micro hellicopters a fun diversion.

I modded one with
1- larger battery
2- added 1cm to tail boom
3- increased current to the engines (pencil lines on resistors is real high tech)
4- added some tape to the main blades to increase surface area.

She now flys longer and with more stability :) :)

Pila_Power

Enlightened
Thanks for the link and pm's guys!

You modded this smaller one Ledbind?

I'm really thinking of ordering one and if there are mods to be done..... :)

You got a step-by-step or pics or something led-B? :)

Tim.

sizzlechest

Enlightened
Led_Blind said:
Yeah, i fly larger niros and a trex450 and found these micro hellicopters a fun diversion.

I modded one with
1- larger battery
2- added 1cm to tail boom
3- increased current to the engines (pencil lines on resistors is real high tech)
4- added some tape to the main blades to increase surface area.

She now flys longer and with more stability :) :)

That's awesome. I knew I could count on you guys for some mods!
Yeah, we need links / step-by-steps.

Thanks!

Led_Blind

Enlightened
eRR, it was very trial and error. :) Here is how it worked.

I thought...
- not enough flight time and i have this li-po from a smashed bluetooth headset, i wonder.... yep it fits, sweet

- Oh this new battery is 3g heavier and now the heli is not balanced... lets extend the tail a bit :)

- Thats better, its balanced.... oh but now it does not have the lift... lets add some surface area to the blades... sticky tape, a rasor and trial and error got that sorted...

- Bugger, now there is lift but not enough power... hmm is this a sense resistor on the controller board??? pencil lines nice and thick... yep it is!

That one is now in the possession of my little cousin :)

raggie33

*the raggedier*
do ya know of a local place that sells em?such as walmart would they sell em?also do ya think they can fly outside?or to much wind and other things?

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
RadioShack has several different versions, Raggie, although they were mostly christmas specials and you'd probably have to order one in. You probably couldn't fly one outside, though, as they'd blow around too much, but they're light enough inside that they wouldn't damage anything..

gorn

Enlightened
Fry's Electronics has them for $19.99. I found this out after buying one from dealexteme. They are a lot of fun. I also got one of the mini mosquito's from radio shack. It is a better flyer but 3 times the cost. The ones from dealextreme are fairly rugged. I have 2 rottwielers, one of them did the Godzilla on it and plucked it out of the air. No damage at all to the copter.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
can ya post a pic of the frys one?i love to fly.hect i recall as a kid i had one but it was on like a 4 foot wire lol.but it was a blast it was a plane though. planes and copters are so kick but opps i think i found it is it called the
Ecoman EC10128 Mini Helicopter

Last edited:

sizzlechest

Enlightened
gorn said:
Fry's Electronics has them for $19.99. I found this out after buying one from dealexteme. They are a lot of fun. I also got one of the mini mosquito's from radio shack. It is a better flyer but 3 times the cost. The ones from dealextreme are fairly rugged. I have 2 rottwielers, one of them did the Godzilla on it and plucked it out of the air. No damage at all to the copter.

Funny! your rottwieler picked it out of the air and still flyin'?!

Actually I'm having some trouble controlling this thing. It flies easy enough but actually getting it to respond to controls and move it where you want it to go is a bit tricky........