Where can you buy a cree?

Pher

Newly Enlightened
I have decided to do a mod, but I haven't been able to find the cree leds. Also, does anybody know how hard it is to solder with a cree? I know its a stupid question, :ohgeez: but i'm new to modding so every reply is usefull. Thanks for your time.

Pher

Gunner12

Flashaholic
You can find them here in CPF(use the search or Dealers section) or DX or Kaidomain, two verisons, this one(Board) and this one(Star). You could also find Seoul P4 LEDs in the mentioned places. (DX Stars, DX LED, Kaidomain stars) The stars you find here are usually better because they come from the manfactuer and have better heat transfere properties.

Last edited:

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just make sure your reflector is compatible with the Cree. Some reflectors will not focus properly using a Cree. Also look into using SSC P4 for modifying where they are very bright and usually more compatible when swapping out a Luxeon LED.
Pher said:
I have decided to do a mod, but I haven't been able to find the cree leds. Also, does anybody know how hard it is to solder with a cree? I know its a stupid question, :ohgeez: but i'm new to modding so every reply is usefull. Thanks for your time.

Pher

Pher

Newly Enlightened
flashcat, Im going to put the cree in a princeton tec blast module. I don't really care about beam smoothness . Do you guys think it will work?

Pher

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
How do you plan on replacing the Xenon lamp with a Cree?
Pher said:
flashcat, Im going to put the cree in a princeton tec blast module. I don't really care about beam smoothness . Do you guys think it will work?

Pher

Pher

Newly Enlightened
Tonight I took apart the module and I pulled off the original bulb. I think I'll be able to solder the cree strait to the contacts. See the top of the board has to two contact wires which i'll be able to solder to. If I do this mod i'm going to have to drill the reflector.

Pher