I Get It

GreySave

Enlightened
I have heard many people say that you have to use the A2 for a period of time to fully understand its usefulness. I have had my A2 for about 6 months. I carried it from time to time, but it was not my EDC, While I liked the light, it seemed lacking somehow.....just not impressive.

Last night a vehicle struck a power pole near us. The pole happened to carry some high voltage lines that fed a number of areas within the city, all of which were plunged into darkness. I knew it was going to be awhile before power was restored, and given the outside temp of 30 degrees I decided to stay up in case the house got cold enough or the outage was long enough to merit firing up the generator. Which light did I elect to carry? The A2. Why? Wel, like my normal EDC X5 it provided the low power wide angle lighting I needed to move about the house without waking the wife. And, since it was midnight, it provided the power and color rendition of its incandescant for those things that went bump in the night, or to monitor the hounds when they went outdoors. I used both modes a number of times.

Simply stated, it was all that I needed (although I did carry the X5 as a backup) and it performed well. I now "get it." Normally, I would have carried two different lights to perform the same tasks that the A2 did so well.

Prior to this I had considered selling the A2, as I really did not use it very often. Now, I think I will be carrying it more often to take advantage of its flexibility. As others have said, it is not the brightest incan, nor is it the brightest or best LED. But what it does it does very well and in a very useful manner. That makes it worth keeping.