Melting Nimh batteries and a charger in a mouse!

Lite_me

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have one of these. I've had it, in use, for at least a couple of years. :aaa: Now I'm concerned.

roadie

Enlightened
i prefer to stick with traditional mice with a long tail.

wireless or not is up to individual.

what i think happened is a short curcit has occur, without the owner around ....., thus the acid leak ..... till until much much later than realised.

ELse, there are many people out there in the world whom will do almost anything to post something to be 'highlighted'

:)

U

ubi21

I have that mouse. I've been using it for about 4 years, not one major problem. Nowadays, the batteries tend to get warm when I recharge them. But that's probably because I've done over 1000+ recharge cycles on the batteries that came with the mouse.

I recently retired that mouse for an MX Revolution. A well deserved retirement I might add. Cosmetically, the mouse looks quite worn out; you would know exactly where my fingers were when I held the mouse. Functionality wise, the main reason why I had to retire it, when I hold the left button and drag, it would sometimes think I released the button during mid-drag. Quite annoying when I'm moving files on my computer and they're not in the directory I wanted them to be. :mad:

Catapult

Enlightened
Yeah, a "lion" bites harder and explodes guts all over the place when agitated.