Ultrafire 500 or G&P 500 Scorpion?

skyman

Newly Enlightened
This is my first post and am basically a flashlight novice.

I've done a lot of research looking at old posts. I'm going to buy a high intensity light without investing a lot so I've narrowed it down to Utrafire 500 or G&P 500 Scorpion.

I know these aren't the best quality and it seems like a crap shoot on whether you get a good one or not but at the prices they are hard to pass up so I'm going to take a chance.

Can you tell me your opinion which one is best and why?

Also if there is more than one place to buy them which is the best.

Thanks, Sky

roadie

Enlightened
but for a first time high lumens light, i would say get a surefire ......

then choose something else next time.

though pricing is abit higher than usual, but it is the 'benchmark' of many lights u will own in future ....

else

:)

skyman

Newly Enlightened
roadie said:
but for a first time high lumens light, i would say get a surefire ......

then choose something else next time.

though pricing is abit higher than usual, but it is the 'benchmark' of many lights u will own in future ....

else

:)

Thanks but I'm not totally new. I have a Surefire 6P with 120 lumens bulb. But it just wet my appetite for more "horsepower" without breaking the bank. :)

FatTony

Newly Enlightened
I have a G&P R500 and think it's a great light for the money. Not as bright as my ROP Hi but definately useful and it has a fairly decent run time too. I think the build and finish are very good and I've had no problems with mine, just unpacked it, put it on charge and have been using it ever since.