Need more info on the Harbor Freight/Costo HD

Mike89

Enlightened
I've been wanting one of these lights for awhile now just for the sheer power.

I guess this light is no longer a "Costco" light (even though it's still being referred as one in recent forum posts), and is now a "Harbor Freight" light.

I've got some questions regarding this light for those who may already have one.

1. Is this Harbor Freight light the exact same light as the Costco one (other than color)?

2. How long does the bulb last?

3. How long does the battery last?

4. Is the battery and bulb actually available to purchase if either went bad?

5. If so, how much do they cost respectively?

The Harbor Freight website gives none of this info. Trying to get an idea of the longevity of this light, if parts are available and if they are going to cost more than the light itself.

Last edited:

NAW

Enlightened
The bulb on the HF (& this goes with all other HID lights) should have a operating life of around 2000 hours.

ddaadd

Enlightened
ASFIK they are the same light except a possible rear hinge mod. The originals were prone to break.

The supplied SLA 7ah battery seemed to last me close to an hour of steady runtime, they need attention for long life though. Charge ASAP after using the light, they suffer if left uncharged.

There is a 9ah battery of they same dimensions readily availible for replacement also...

And ditto on the bulb life as above.

I have not heard of the bulb/ballast for sale separately from the light, they would be a hot mod item i'm sure........:grin2:

Latest posts