Carry spare batteries on your person?

RdlyLite

Enlightened
I do. :grin2: I figure since everyone here EDC's, that they should surely carry around spare juice in their pockets. Lol.

Do you?

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Always have 1 or 2 surefire spares carriers full of batteries and extra bulbs in my backpack that I take with me everywhere. Thats like carrying a gun with only one magazine, or carrying a single comdom. Have back up for your back up if possible!

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
RdlyLite said:
Comdom, now that's one word I never thought I read in a place full of flashoholics. ROFFLES.

WEIRD......Considering the general shape of most flashlights.......then again, I've gotta dirty mind.

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mmmmkay before this thread gets locked...
back on topic.
I generally carry a couple spare NiMh AAs and a couple CR123's for my lights in my backpack. If I'm heading out somewhere away from home I pack a charger and more batteries in the luggage. For car camping, driving trips where I might be out and away from AC outlest for more than a couple days I carry a solar cell for getting (at a minimum) NiMh AA's and my cellphone up and running.

What's worse than having no lights when you need them? Having a lot of dead lights and no batteries!

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
DaFABRICATA said:
Always have 1 or 2 surefire spares carriers full of batteries and extra bulbs in my backpack that I take with me everywhere. Thats like carrying a gun with only one magazine, or carrying a single comdom. Have back up for your back up if possible!

Where do you get rid of the "Spares?"

Sorry, could not resist!

RL

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Each different kind of spare has its own way of getting "recycled"

Wether it be a Home Depot for the batteries, Scrap metal recyclers for the brass shells, or a little soap and water for......ummm well.....:barf:

YES!!! INDEED!!! ALWAYS CARRY SPARE FLASHLIGHT BATTERIES WITH YOU!!!

dalekcommander

Newly Enlightened
I have carried my Falacata with me everyday since i bought it. Spare 123's are in my locker at work and i change out the batts on a regular basis regardless of actual use. I keep all of those at home.

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't generally carry a spare, but I keep one in my jacket pocket and four in my backpack.

Hey dalekcommander, welcome to CPF! Since you're close you may want to join us this Saturday. Just click the link in my sig line for details.

mdocod

Flashaholic
depending on what I'm out and about doing, I will sometimes grab my make-shift spare-cell carrier... which is nothing more than a hard-shell glasses case... it very nicely accommodates my 3 spare 17670s, 2 spare 17500s, 1 spare 18650, and up to 4 CR123s or 4 AA NIMH cells....

KeeperSD

Enlightened
I use this here to carry my RCR123's, it works great and is small enough to have on your keys as can be seen.

Only problem is now that i have changed lights i need to come up with a new way to carry 2 x 18500's.

ringzero

Flashlight Enthusiast
RdlyLite said:
I do. :grin2: I figure since everyone here EDC's, that they should surely carry around spare juice in their pockets. Lol. Do you?

I keep spare cells in the pockets of my rucksack, briefcase, backpack, and fannypack. One or more of those items is usually with me when I'm out and about.

Trouser pockets - almost never. Jacket pockets - rarely, but on occasion.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Not usually, but there are spares (in other lights) nearby in the car. Now if I was heading out for a night hike it would be different.

Geoff