• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: 123 body for Ion (Formerly Mystery battery body)

yclo

Flashaholic*
Important - Please do not contact Endeavour about purchasing heads, this is intended as an aftermarket body for Ion owners.

The mystery battery body is the one pointed out by the blue arrow, and the ones lined neatly in the background.

421937307_a5486535d2_m.jpg
421937304_312e0c87d8_m.jpg
430125555_d0578c389e_m.jpg

Larger pic ------------------------- Larger pic ------------------------- Larger pic

What is it for?

It's a CR123 battery body for the CR2 Ion.

433632831_5d383ee4c4.jpg

Larger pic

433632835_e9c1e04216.jpg

Larger pic

Details

These battery bodies are made from 6061 aluminium, they have no coating on them and are sold bare.

On the bottom of the light is a recess with two lanyard holes drilled on the side.

Although I told the CNC shop to put knurling on the part, it is not the usual crosshatch type seen on popular lights such as Surefire. It is a series of indentations that feels similar to knurling, but appears a lot rougher. The density/quality of the "knurling" is not even, and the finish is not that great.

Cosmetic imperfections should be a given, do not expect see a part with perfect knurling.

This body was made for an Ion with the smaller o-rings, so the older ones may be quite a tight fit.

Price

$35 USD.

Special offer closed.

Just for fun, I am not going to reveal what the part is for.
And while it is still a mystery, I will offer up to 10 units for a discounted price of $20 USD each.
Once I reveal what it is for, or when a CPFer receives a part, the price will be increased back to what it should be.

Shipping

The price listed above includes shipping via airmail from Australia, that will be the only option for shipping.

I will not be responsible for lost items.

Payment

The only form of payment accepted will be cash paypal, I will reject any payments that are funded by a credit card.

To purchase

Post "I'll take one" in this thread and send me an email with your real name, physical mailing address and CPF handle if you have one. You can send paypal at this point, but I will only post the item when you have emailed me.

My email/paypal address is
286560023_fa34d2576d.jpg

-YC

Other

Played around with the placement of knurled bands, the two on the left have flat bases so are slightly shorter.

433632845_7666f86fd4_m.jpg

Larger pic

Last edited:

bombelman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: Mystery battery body(s)

In the process of thinking :thinking:

:grin2:

Cuso

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ill tak....O wait a minute whats this body for??

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hillarious :) Buy these bodies but I won't tell you what they fit. Oh and once I tell you what they fit the price goes up.

I must say thats the most original sales slogan I have come across in my 35 years here :)

Mac

MorpheusT1

Flashlight Enthusiast

I`ll take one :popcorn:

But i need to transfer some funds to my Paypal account.
So i will be paying over the weekend.

I hope this is ok.

Im very curious about what these are for...

Cheers,
Benny

Last edited:

VerbalK

Newly Enlightened

deleted, bad read , can't cash paypal

Last edited:

Cuso

Flashlight Enthusiast

Youre killing me here man...Ill invest in one.

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast

cmacclel said:
Hillarious :) Buy these bodies but I won't tell you what they fit. Oh and once I tell you what they fit the price goes up.

I must say thats the most original sales slogan I have come across in my 35 years here :)

Mac

:lolsign:

Illum

Flashaholic

heck, ill buy a couple with a few rubber stoppers and use them as cell carriers:grin2:

oh wait....I dont have paypal:awman:

Ctechlite

Enlightened

I'll take one, but will have to wait to email for when I get home. I'll also take one for Illium the nation.

bombelman

Flashlight Enthusiast

:takeit: (1pc)
Cash Paypal inbound. :rock:

Oh, and uh ... :lolsign:

Stillphoto

Flashlight Enthusiast

:takeit: paypal (1 piece) and email on the way! Gotta get one of these whatever the price before they go up! Sure hope I have something that fits!

Last edited: