• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Custom Nickel Plate Maglites CLOSED

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have had a few requests to do another run of Nickel Plated mini-mags. I prefer to do only new lights that are current stock (easy to get). This is only for Maglites.

Each light has to be completely disassembled and stripped of the factory anodize prior to going to the nickel plater. I do this work.

The cost for each is as follows:

Type.................Standard/Base..........Polish
2AA....................$45.00....................+6
2C......................$57.00....................+8
2D......................$59.00....................+9
MagLED2AA..........$59.00....................+6
MagLED3AA..........$62.00....................+6

Body/Groove......+4
Head/Groove......+4
Custom Bead......+6

This includes first class shipping, delivery confirmation, in the US, for the AA size, or smaller, Maglites. International shipping, Global Priority Mail, is an additional $3.00 for most countries.

Please add $1.50 shipping on the C or D size lights in the US . International shipping on the C or D size lights will have to be quoted separately

The resulting standard finish is 'BRUSHED NICKEL'

Additional work I can do on these
Polish, Grooves, Custom Bead.

Custom Bead - I was looking for something a little different from straight grooves and fins. I can alter the size slightly - wider on the bead, deeper on the head. The body can't go deeper.

I can send along custom lights, I will not be responsible if they get lost or damaged. These are mailed to me, then to the plater, then back to me, then back to the original person. That's 4 trips through the mail.

Send me a PM for Paypal information.

PLEASE include the following in the Paypal Description:

Your CPF user ID.
Item you are getting.
Any additional work

I plan on leaving this open for orders until Thursday, March 22. I have to order some of the lights, then strip them down and get them to the Nickel shop. These should be done in 3 - 4 weeks.

LATE EDITION ADDED I can do a full bead head for the C or D maglites. There are 3 different size beads, large to small. The drawing shows 6, I might change that when I actually make one. I would like to get 7 This is a fair amount of work to do on the head - The cost will be an additional $17,50

head2-1.jpg

head1.jpg

The picture below represents the finishes;

Left to Right
Full Polish, Brushed Finish, Standard silver mini-mag.

nickel-2.jpg

These are some samples of the 2AA mini-mags

100_2132.jpg

This is the custom bead on a 2AA, this has not been plated yet, it shows the bead better.
2AA.jpg

bead.jpg

This is a sample of a 2C, the bottom pictures a brushed finish.

2C-2.jpg

2C-1.jpg

Last edited:

flex76italy

Enlightened
Re: Custom Nickel Plate Maglites

Hi Will,

the 2D size is the max size you can offer?

If not, however i'm still interested in a 2D size.

You can do the bead more deeper in the head?

Thanks.

Last edited:

will

Flashlight Enthusiast

flex76italy said:
Hi Will,

the 2D size is the max size you can offer?

If not, however i'm still interested in a 2D size.

You can do the bead more deeper in the head?

Thanks.

I can groove up to a 4D body, no cutdowns or re threading on any of the C or D maglites. I can groove any size C or D head, they are all similar.

I can have any size Maglite Nickel Plated.

I can make the bead deeper or wider - not a problem at all.

Action

Enlightened

Can you tri-bore or quad-bore a 2D or 3D Mag?

will

Flashlight Enthusiast

Action said:
Can you tri-bore or quad-bore a 2D or 3D Mag?

I have a mini-lathe which is limited in size - No, I can't bore out the C or D maglites.

Action

Enlightened

If I were to send you a new, unused tri-bored light, what would it be to have it plated?

Nebula

Enlightened

Will - I am in. List to follow.

For anyone on the fence, get in on this project. Will's work is superb. I have several of the lights shown in the photos above, and could not be more satisfied with how they turned out.

KK

will

Flashlight Enthusiast

SCHEDULE

This will be open for orders until Thursday March 22, I will order any lights I don't have at that time ( or get locally ) Once I have all the lights, I have to remove the anodize finish, do any additional work, then send them to the Nickel shop. I should be able to get them finished and in the mail back to all of you in 3-4 weeks.

will

will

Flashlight Enthusiast

Nebula said:
Will - I am in. List to follow.

For anyone on the fence, get in on this project. Will's work is superb. I have several of the lights shown in the photos above, and could not be more satisfied with how they turned out.

KK

thanks for the kind words..

Action

Enlightened

I left out the size... Can you accomodate a tri-bored, unused 4D light? Could you polish it? What would the cost be?

will

Flashlight Enthusiast

Action - PM sent

will

Flashlight Enthusiast

I had a request to make the bead slightly different than the picture. I can go wider and deeper on the head, The body bead can be wider, but not any deeper.

beads.jpg

Last edited:

will

Flashlight Enthusiast

I still have one more PM to respond to (puma) for pricing and options. If I missed anyone else, let me know and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thursday is the cutoff date..

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast

Will, what kind of body work is on that bottom minimag?
Looks like the top one is finned, not sure on the two on the left maybe finned or grooved, middle looks like stock with the polished plating, far ritght looks like custom bead. I'd like to be sure about what's called what. I'm a bit new still :grin2:

Thanks

Flic

Enlightened

will said:
I still have one more PM to respond to (puma) for pricing and options. If I missed anyone else, let me know and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thursday is the cutoff date..

PP sent.

Thanks!

will

Flashlight Enthusiast

PhantomPhoton said:
Will, what kind of body work is on that bottom minimag?
Looks like the top one is finned, not sure on the two on the left maybe finned or grooved, middle looks like stock with the polished plating, far ritght looks like custom bead. I'd like to be sure about what's called what. I'm a bit new still :grin2:

Thanks

The bottom is a cutdown mini, it is sized for one Li-lon 14670 battery. The head and body have been turned down. The 2 on the left ( and top one ) are grooved and polished. The middle 2 are stock and polished. The far right has a few grooves and is a brushed finish.

Last edited:

will

Flashlight Enthusiast

schedule

Close this Thursday, March 22.
Order lights Friday, March 23
Delivery should be Wednesday, March 28 or Thursday March 29
Once I get them I should be able to get the work done and in the mail to the Nickel shop no later than Monday.

The shop usually takes a few days. Once I get them back - I have to assemble them and mail them out.

that's it.