Powerlight HX-G011 1W 1xAA LED Flashlight Black

krazy89

Enlightened
hey guys.. anyone here have one of these??? and can comment on how good these are???

i put in an order for one... and now am thinking that it might be just a waste of money....

can anyone post a few pics of a beam comparison between this and say something like a Fenix L0P-SE?

thx...

KraZy

Al

Enlightened
Whaddaweegotheer, a Fenix L1P fer less than 5 bucks?

krazy89

Enlightened
lol... that's what i first thought when i saw this on dealextreme...

i'm just wondering how good this light is tho....

krazy

Ty_Bower

Flashlight Enthusiast
It clearly doesn't have a Luxeon in it, but for under $5 what do people expect? And at that price, does anyone have a right to complain?

Judging by the picture, it doesn't have the smoothest beam... but then again, it's only $5.

edit: On second look, the beam is fine. I think I was viewing the image in 8-bit color, hence the rings and banding. Maybe I need to go order me a couple of these. They'd make fine give-aways...

Last edited:

Russell52

Newly Enlightened
That body style has popped up all over the internet lately,I have one,and have ordered another,and mine has a glass lens,solid aluminum reflector,and a lux in them,although I am fixing to drop crees in them as soon as the new light /crees from DEX to arrive,I got mine from http://www.ledwholesalers.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=162

The quality I think is much better than the one DEX's is..It looks like Dex's has a plastic lens/reflector and a unknown led... I've ordered several things from this led wholesalers,and he has always done me right,Good quick shipping,and such.. He also sells stuff on Ebay,which is where I learned of his store..

Vikas Sontakke

Enlightened
What's the shipping from ledwholesale? If it is by UPs, you are then comparing a $5 light to $18 light. Yes, cheaper than Fenix.

- Vikas

krazy89

Enlightened
hey russell...

damn... i wish u gave me that link earlier... but then again... that one is twice the price of the one from DX...

I'm hoping to put in a cree too... just don't know which one will fit in there...

guys that are doing the cree mods.. let me know what you guys did.. and where to get the parts for it...

THanks,

KraZy

Russell52

Newly Enlightened
Shipping is ups, Shipping is not the issue here.. The lens and reflector are,the lens is glass,and its as thick as a nickel,The reflector is a solid aluminum chunk,that could be polished to a brilliant shine,and it has a actual lux in it ATM,I ordered crees for mine from dealextreme though..

krazy89

Enlightened
hey russell....

yeah.. the only reason i got the one that i got from DX is because of the price... $5 including shipping...

i definitely want to upgrade to a cree on it... just haven't got any clue which emitter will work... hopefully someone else out there has done it already so i can reap the benefits of the info... :)

but definitely... for and extra $5USD... i woulda paid that for glass and metal reflector....

too bad for me ... i guess...

KraZy

johnny13oi

Enlightened
krazy89 said:
hey russell....

yeah.. the only reason i got the one that i got from DX is because of the price... $5 including shipping...

i definitely want to upgrade to a cree on it... just haven't got any clue which emitter will work... hopefully someone else out there has done it already so i can reap the benefits of the info... :)

but definitely... for and extra $5USD... i woulda paid that for glass and metal reflector....

KraZy

I ordered one when they first listed it on their website and it just shipped out yesterday. So I probably wont get it till like 10 days later but i think the mini star crees from kaidomain would fit in there but I wont know until I get it and measure the opening to see if it'll fit.

ace0001a

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the one from LED Wholesalers. It's decent quality. The only thing I don't like about it is that the Aluminum reflector isn't super polished. It seems less glossy than others. But maybe that's a good thing if you plan on swapping the Lux1 out with a Cree...

Russell52

Newly Enlightened
krazy89 said:
hey russell....

KraZy

Well I ordered a new light and 2 cree stars from DX,about a week ago,so they should be in soon,and I will know then if and how the cree will go in there.. I will also let you know..

On another note,Harbor freight has this same light,or one like mine,and they branded it as a gordon,but they want 20$$ for it,lol,I might order one just to see which version it is...

Russ

krazy89

Enlightened
you know what... i don't really know???

quality of the aluminum?? the brand of the LED?

i personally like the look of the HX-G011 better than that one.... but... i'm planning on swapping out the LED... so hopefully the aluminum isn't too flimsy.

KraZy

krazy89

Enlightened
yeah... i saw that one too... only wanted to spend like 5 bucks.. so i got the other one... with the suspect LED.

KraZy

krazy89

Enlightened
hey guys...

did u guys get the cree emitters yet??? let me know how the fit is... even PM if u can...

THanks,

KraZy