The Fenix-Store        
Page 1 of 10 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Powerlight HX-G011 1W 1xAA LED Flashlight Black

Default Powerlight HX-G011 1W 1xAA LED Flashlight Black

hey guys.. anyone here have one of these??? and can comment on how good these are???

i put in an order for one... and now am thinking that it might be just a waste of money....

can anyone post a few pics of a beam comparison between this and say something like a Fenix L0P-SE?

thx...

KraZy

Default Re: Powerlight HX-G011 1W 1xAA LED Flashlight Black

ops... i guess a link would be nice....

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.2070

KraZy

Whaddaweegotheer, a Fenix L1P fer less than 5 bucks?

lol... that's what i first thought when i saw this on dealextreme...

i'm just wondering how good this light is tho....

krazy

I've ordered one of this (grey version)
    Powerlight HX-G011 1W 1xAA LED Flashlight Grey
    http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.2089

and a
    SSC P4 (U-bin) SW0 Bare Emitter
    http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.2026

I'm going to do my first mod, any advice?

I've ordered one of this (grey version)
    Powerlight HX-G011 1W 1xAA LED Flashlight Grey
    http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.2089

and a
    SSC P4 (U-bin) SW0 Bare Emitter
    http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.2026

I'm going to do my first mod, any advice?

I have bought the same and will try to putt a Cree in it

It clearly doesn't have a Luxeon in it, but for under $5 what do people expect? And at that price, does anyone have a right to complain?

Judging by the picture, it doesn't have the smoothest beam... but then again, it's only $5.

edit: On second look, the beam is fine. I think I was viewing the image in 8-bit color, hence the rings and banding. Maybe I need to go order me a couple of these. They'd make fine give-aways...
    Last edited by Ty_Bower; 03-16-2007 at 03:29 PM. Reason: being stupid
    The only reason a great many American families donít own an elephant is that they have never been offered an elephant for a dollar down and easy monthly payments.

Flashaholic

That body style has popped up all over the internet lately,I have one,and have ordered another,and mine has a glass lens,solid aluminum reflector,and a lux in them,although I am fixing to drop crees in them as soon as the new light /crees from DEX to arrive,I got mine from http://www.ledwholesalers.com/store/...&productId=162

The quality I think is much better than the one DEX's is..It looks like Dex's has a plastic lens/reflector and a unknown led... I've ordered several things from this led wholesalers,and he has always done me right,Good quick shipping,and such.. He also sells stuff on Ebay,which is where I learned of his store..

What's the shipping from ledwholesale? If it is by UPs, you are then comparing a $5 light to $18 light. Yes, cheaper than Fenix.

- Vikas

hey russell...

damn... i wish u gave me that link earlier... but then again... that one is twice the price of the one from DX...

I'm hoping to put in a cree too... just don't know which one will fit in there...

guys that are doing the cree mods.. let me know what you guys did.. and where to get the parts for it...

THanks,

KraZy

Flashaholic

Shipping is ups, Shipping is not the issue here.. The lens and reflector are,the lens is glass,and its as thick as a nickel,The reflector is a solid aluminum chunk,that could be polished to a brilliant shine,and it has a actual lux in it ATM,I ordered crees for mine from dealextreme though..

hey russell....

yeah.. the only reason i got the one that i got from DX is because of the price... $5 including shipping...

i definitely want to upgrade to a cree on it... just haven't got any clue which emitter will work... hopefully someone else out there has done it already so i can reap the benefits of the info...

but definitely... for and extra $5USD... i woulda paid that for glass and metal reflector....

too bad for me ... i guess...

KraZy

Quote Originally Posted by krazy89
    hey russell....

yeah.. the only reason i got the one that i got from DX is because of the price... $5 including shipping...

i definitely want to upgrade to a cree on it... just haven't got any clue which emitter will work... hopefully someone else out there has done it already so i can reap the benefits of the info...

but definitely... for and extra $5USD... i woulda paid that for glass and metal reflector....

KraZy
    I ordered one when they first listed it on their website and it just shipped out yesterday. So I probably wont get it till like 10 days later but i think the mini star crees from kaidomain would fit in there but I wont know until I get it and measure the opening to see if it'll fit.

I have the one from LED Wholesalers. It's decent quality. The only thing I don't like about it is that the Aluminum reflector isn't super polished. It seems less glossy than others. But maybe that's a good thing if you plan on swapping the Lux1 out with a Cree...

Flashaholic

hey russell....

KraZy

Well I ordered a new light and 2 cree stars from DX,about a week ago,so they should be in soon,and I will know then if and how the cree will go in there.. I will also let you know..

On another note,Harbor freight has this same light,or one like mine,and they branded it as a gordon,but they want 20$$ for it,lol,I might order one just to see which version it is...

Russ

Dumb question... but how is it different from this one?
    http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.2096
    The only reason a great many American families donít own an elephant is that they have never been offered an elephant for a dollar down and easy monthly payments.

you know what... i don't really know???

quality of the aluminum?? the brand of the LED?

i personally like the look of the HX-G011 better than that one.... but... i'm planning on swapping out the LED... so hopefully the aluminum isn't too flimsy.

KraZy

...and this one appears to have a Nichia Jupiter, but it costs a couple bucks more:
    http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.2084

I seem to recall the Jupiters are known for being a touch on the blue side.

yeah... i saw that one too... only wanted to spend like 5 bucks.. so i got the other one... with the suspect LED.

KraZy

hey guys...

did u guys get the cree emitters yet??? let me know how the fit is... even PM if u can...

THanks,

KraZy

Quote Originally Posted by Ty_Bower
    Dumb question... but how is it different from this one?
    http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.2096
    There's no description to back this up, but based on the photos and specs, I suspect this version is a very similar light except that it SEEMS to be a rear twisty switch instead of a clickie. The advantage of this configuration might be slightly overall length (3.19" vs 3.54"). Come to think of it, the market seems to be flooded with lots of low-dollar 1AA Lux/Lux-clone lights with rear clickie switches. 1AA twisties are no where near as well represented in the really low end of the market so this little light might be a real boone for twisie fans who want a reasonably bright beater light without breaking the bank.

Quote Originally Posted by linerlock
    ...it SEEMS to be a rear twisty switch instead of a clickie.
    Are you sure on that? Save the pic of the tail end of the light, and turn up the gamma in your photo editor. There is a clearly a button in the tail.

Quote Originally Posted by Ty_Bower
    Are you sure on that? Save the pic of the tail end of the light, and turn up the gamma in your photo editor. There is a clearly a button in the tail.
    No Ty, I'm not sure. That's why I was careful to qualify my statement with "SEEMS to be". Actually now that I've taken another look at the photos, I'm more inclined to believe that it's a front twisty not a rear twisty as I had originally speculated. This photo: http://www.dealextreme.com/productimages/sku_2096_5.jpg shows the light open from the front with the head inverted and the rear of the PCB board plainly visible. I would infer from this photo that this is how you are supposed to open the light to load the cell. This is consistent with a front twisty light. Also, this photo: http://www.dealextreme.com/productimages/sku_2096_7.jpg shows the light alongside a AA battery for scale. The length of the AA cell isn't much shorter than the overall length of light that can be seen behind the lamp module. I simply don't see how there could be room to include a functional clicky switch and and up with a battery tube / tail switch assembly that is only slightly longer than the AA cell that it contains.

I do see what you mean about the button-like projection that is visible on the rear of the light. However, based on the other evidence, I think that is just a ringed indentation machined into the solid rear of the light to enable the use of a split ring and/or lanyard while still allowing the light to tail stand in "candle mode".

hey guys... i'm sure that a AA battery light must be twisty if it's 3.19"....

the one that is 3.5" will likely have a clickie...

i'm just disappointed that there aren't any AAA small lights with a clickie... i don't really like twisties as much as clickies....

if anyone knows of such a light.. plz let me know... (also, if the price is under $20)...

KraZy

Bump...

anyone with info on this is great!

KraZy

There definately worth the Bucks

i'm just disappointed that there aren't any AAA small lights with a clickie...
    Heck, I'd be happy if they sold something like the HX-G011 but with a AAA battery, even if it was a twisty. I'd love to have a $5 AAA "1 watt" light to give away as gifts. I might even keep one on the extra set of keys for myself.

The closest, least expensive 1xAAA, "1 watt" light I can find is the Ultrafire 602C. But, it's about three times as much as I want to pay.

i so wanted to buy the 602.... but i held off....

i think this one will be decent... and .. if it can.. i would drop a cree mini in there... just don't know if it's a straight drop in or not...

hope someone out there has done it with this model..... step-by-step anyone??!??!?!

KraZy

i so wanted to buy the 602.... but i held off....

i think this one will be decent... and .. if it can.. i would drop a cree mini in there... just don't know if it's a straight drop in or not...

hope someone out there has done it with this model..... step-by-step anyone??!??!?!

KraZy
    I dont think anyone has tried yet but they will because this light just came out and no one has received it yet. I think the MX power flashlight have the same body and everything but just a different LED ... so you can try and ask if anyone has put the cree mini into the mx power flashlight. I dont think the cree mini has been around for long either so you probably have to wait a while for an answer. I too am thinking about putting a cree mini in there but a SSC mini would be even better if they ever make one.

Enlightened

I love my 602C, it may cost a bit more than the OP's suggested light but even stock without modification it more than bright enough for what it is on lithiums. Not to mention it's a lot cheaper than a light such as a LOD-CE.

Page 1 of 10 12345678 ... LastLast