Klarus
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910

Thread: Powerlight HX-G011 1W 1xAA LED Flashlight Black

Default Re: Powerlight HX-G011 1W 1xAA LED Flashlight Black

OK, I ran a new enegerizer alkaline battery. I compared the output to a P3D-CE on medium which is advertised as 40 lumens (its pretty close to this).

I have no light meter, just eyeballing skills here. After 1 hour, light was noticeable dimmer but not at halfway point. At 1hr 15mins, light was very dim(well below half output). I cut the test at this point.

Here is where it gets interesting...

After having the light off for a few mins, I decided to turn it back on. Great, its at max brightness again . It stayed at this output for 20mins... 30mins it was pretty dim again so I just went to sleep with the light on.

I woke up this morning, turned the light off, waited a few mins and turned it back on. Its at max output again . Left it on for just a few mins because I give up.

So how is the driver on alks? I have no idea. The light did get a little hot so I left it on the window to keep it cool. I checked it very 5mins.

If anyone have any ideas why its behaving this way. I'd sure like to know.

Buttrock Re: Powerlight HX-G011 1W 1xAA LED Flashlight Black

hey everyone...

wow... i don't believe this thread has grown this big... i haven't checked back for a long time... and BAM.. it's on the top of the page 1... again... love it...

anyways... i've been on a flashlight hiatus... my gray G011 has stayed stock all this time... and i was just about to grab a cree star board when i heard about the rebels... now that the cheapy rebels (40lm @ 350ma) i was thinking about putting that in... then i read that the new q4/q5 cree's are friggin 100lm... i think i will get that... but haven't really seen any selling... (not at a decent price anyways!)...

in the last week.. i've found myself on this forum again... i think i got the fever... again...

KraZy

I should have read this post completly earlier, fried mine as well....

So for any future readers,
    DO NOT RUN MORE THAN 1.5 VOLTS ON THIS LIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by Teh View Post
    I should have read this post completly earlier, fried mine as well....

So for any future readers,
    DO NOT RUN MORE THAN 1.5 VOLTS ON THIS LIGHT!
    You could just bypass the circuit and run the LED in direct drive straight from a 14500, skipping any circuit altogether. Of course that's if only the circuit was fried, and not the LED as well.

Got one, tested it... cheap inside out... a 46% efficiency driver! No capacitor, no diode... must be hard on the LED!

The tailswitch on mine rotted out. Any ideas where to get a replacement (that doesn't cost more than the HX-G011)?
    The only reason a great many American families donít own an elephant is that they have never been offered an elephant for a dollar down and easy monthly payments.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910