Can you recommend a single cr123 flashlight with a clickie?

xm_8

Banned
Can you recommend a single cr123 flashlight with a clickie? I have twistie flashlights but i'm not a fan of them.

carbine15

Flashlight Enthusiast
Surefire E1L outdoorsman.
cimg0219cf1.jpg

xiaowenzu

Banned
xm_8 said:
Can you recommend a single cr123 flashlight with a clickie? I have twistie flashlights but i'm not a fan of them.

My advice is to wait for Surefire Crees which are coming out in June. They're heaps brighter than the ones now. But if you are desperate for a light get the Surefire L1::grin2:
l1_large.jpg

Tailcap switch: press for momentary-on low beam, press further for high beam, twist for constant-on.

AZLight

Newly Enlightened
Pelican M1 LED for less than $25 total on ebay. Very well built, 1W Luxeon, very good throw and superb manufacturer warranty. I have one each in my car as an emergency light.

vtran96

Newly Enlightened
xiaowenzu said:
My advice is to wait for Surefire Crees which are coming out in June. They're heaps brighter than the ones now. But if you are desperate for a light get the Surefire L1::grin2:
l1_large.jpg

Tailcap switch: press for momentary-on low beam, press further for high beam, twist for constant-on.

I wish other manufactures would offer a tailcap like this one. I've been waiting for several months now hoping someone offered this with a cree.

flashy bazook

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK, the Lumapower M3 has one of its 3 tubes options with the 1xCR123A you want, it also has TWO different clickies coming standard, a 2-stage and a tactical. Has the new CREE XR-E LED. Possible disadvantage for you - you don't want the other tubes (1xAA and 2xAA) and right now the light is sold as a package, so you may pay more than you want.
The SF L1 fits your requirements, but will be available with the new LED emitters in July. If you don't care and don't want to wait for that, the L1 would fit the bill even today (with about 2 different generations to choose from).

the latest McGizmo, the Ti-PD-S, if you are willing to pay the price, does not have a clicky as such, but a "piston." So you need to decide if that works for you.

Others? HDS/Novatac when out could be a possibility (but on the expensive side, again). The P1D CE fits most people's requirements, but is not a clicky of course.

AArcVarc

Newly Enlightened
I can't believe the Free.Light Spartanian hasn't been mentioned yet, especially on St. Paddy's day. I got one early in Feb. and it is brighter by a smidge than my P1D CE but is bigger and heavier by a smidgen. Battery Junction has them and I've read they've been selling nicely. Price with shipping is <$50. It's nicely regulated and has a real long runtime on low. Less than an hour on high. 2 level only. It's a pleaser!

BrightIdeaOSU

Newly Enlightened
I love my Amilight Neo T5. It's brighter and whiter than any other LED I have, the reflector is top notch and the run times don't seem to be an exaggeration. It won't disappoint you.

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Right now, your best option is the Amilite Neo T5 SSC P4 hands down. But if you don't mind waiting... Then look for the new SureFire 2007 line and the upcoming Novatac.