What color is your L0D CE Beam?

Marcus Aurelius

Newly Enlightened
My long-awaited L0D CE from the Fennix Store came today and I am definitely impressed with how bright it is, given that it only runs on 1 aaa. But I was disappointed by the tint of the beam--pea soupish green. In fact, it is the greenest of the lights I own. Did I just get unlucky in the cree lottery? Or is this a common tint for these lights?

THE_dAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
i've seen 3 lod-ce's that were given away as gifts and all had the exact same cool white tint and this was two seperate orders.

i actually prefer the greenish tint, it works best for me. it's all personal preference.

RonM

Flashlight Enthusiast
No hint of green in my L0D-CE. Nice white. Not cold blueish either.

HarveyRich

Enlightened
Very slight yellow tint in mine. It makes it warm as opposed to those lights with bluish/white tints.

PB92

Newly Enlightened
I must have hit the jackpot, mine is bright clean white, no blue or green tint at all. Very happy with it.

Lite_me

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ordered 3 at the same time. They all were different.
1. Slightly green - smooth from spot to spill
2. Slightly pinkish/lavender like - smooth from spot to spill
3. Cool bluish white - ringy (like P1D CE) with slight donut in spot

Last edited:

xiaowenzu

Banned
So it seems that there are so many variations, and inconsistent quality issues here.

pcmike

Enlightened
Ever so slight cool white (meaning VERY VERY slight blue). I think the tint on my L0D CE is the best tint I've had to date on any of the new LEDs and that includes the McG's I've had.

paulr

Flashaholic
Mine seems pretty neutral, though there are various familiar bright/dark artifacts in the beam itself. The darkening at the edge of the hotspot gives the impression that there is a hint of color, but careful examination makes me pretty sure there's not an actual color change.