Really need help on new seoul build

petemalelis

Newly Enlightened
Im using 1 cr123 in vg fb1 and a surefire exe head with an aleph le built with a seoul p4. What converter do i use?????? Im so confused with what each one does bb versus the ng 750 or 500 ma

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
You could use a Flupic from Goldserve and have multiple levels, strobe, and SOS.

petemalelis

Newly Enlightened
I'm just thinkin to stay with one brightness setting. Will the NG500 do what I want. Is it a buck/boost or just a boost converter?

Long John

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not sure but I guess with the NG500 you will get problems using a primary cell, due to the low voltage.
With one brightness level, a Badboy500 Step-up converter should fit your bill.

Best regards

____
Tom

Dan C

Enlightened
Both the NG and BB drivers are boost only. I've been using the new GD driver from the Shoppe in single cell lights, which is buck/boost. Love it, gives you the option of using primary 123's or R123's. It's designed to use either so you're not 'pushing the limits'. The Shoppe has blanks and can whip you one up with any drive level you wish. I'd personally stay at no more than 500ma. Plenty bright with the Seoul and decent runtime.

Last edited:

petemalelis

Newly Enlightened
What resistors do i need to make a gd500 do i only need 1 resistor or 2?The calculator gives me a choice between one or 2 resistors and i dont know what to choose.

If anyone can just tell me exactly what to order from the shoppe to make a gd500 would be greatly aprecciated:)

goldserve

Flashlight Enthusiast
Long John said:
But be aware, the Flupic and Piglet needs RCR LiIon.

Best regards

_____
Tom

The piglet, you do not need li-ion. It is fully buck/boost. However, you won't get much more than 500ma off a primary.

Morelite

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dan C said:
Both the NG and BB drivers are boost only. I've been using the new GD driver from the Shoppe in single cell lights, which is buck/boost. Love it, gives you the option of using primary 123's or R123's. It's designed to use either so you're not 'pushing the limits'.

Be carefull when using the Nexgen with R123's and LEDs with low Vf. The voltage in should not be more than .7 volts over the voltage out (forward voltage (Vf) of the LED)
Keep in mind that R123's are 4.1v - 4.2v when freshly charged.

Long John

Flashlight Enthusiast
goldserve said:
The piglet, you do not need li-ion. It is fully buck/boost. However, you won't get much more than 500ma off a primary.

Sorry Goldserve my bad:banghead:

You are right (logical as creator:whistle:), I was thinking in dimensions of driving the Led at full power:eek:

Best regards

_____
Tom