Ultrafire 602a1 ssc and optics.

havand

Enlightened
I'm not sure whether to be proud of myself or feel let down. I took the pill from the light and dremeled down a MJ driver to fit. I replaced the emitter with a SSC P4. I also swapped out the reflector with a ground down optic from Emilion. The beam is a little floodier than i'd hoped. In direct comparison to several other of my lights, it seems to be not as bright, but is very pleasing when in use because it is a focused flood style beam. If I get a chance i'll post pictures up. Not quite as bright as i'd hoped, but with a AA extension tube I had for my Jetbeam Mk2 (it fits), it's a good bit brighter. Not sure about efficiency. Probably coming up short. Anyway, just thought it was kind of a crazy jigsaw puzzle light i'd share about :)

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
The driver's made to operate on 3V, so it's not getting enough voltage to operate at optimum efficiency and not driving the SSC P4 very hard. If you can find a 3V AA (like the ones you have to rip open of those dual-packs), you'll probably find it will be quite bright (probably as bright as when you're running 2AAs with the extension tube). I just ordered a couple of MJ Drivers to fool around with. If I were you, I'd be quite proud of the accomplishment...it sounds like it took quite a bit of work, and I know if I had attempted it, I would've destroyed something (or everything).