Older spyderco police in red box

djkt

Newly Enlightened
I got a older spyderco police CO7RP in a red box in a trade, the box is a little messed up somebody wrote on it. On the side of the box it has CLIP IT"POLICE MODEL' Right Hand PlainEdge, The knife has G-2 stainless on one side and seki-japan on the other side. Is this knife worth selling or should I just keep it to carry. It is a little big to carry. Any info or help would be great. I donnot know very much about knives. The knife looks like it never has been carried.

Thanks Dennis

rycen

Enlightened
What do you want to know?It is worth selling if you dont want to use it.I would put a value of about 80 dollars.

Last edited:

djkt

Newly Enlightened
I like to know what it might be worth, I think I got a good deal, I'm just not sure the worth, or point me in the direction to were I might find the worth of the knife would be really be great.

Thanks Dennis

rycen

Enlightened
Well I know a little about spyderco.If you put it on ebay it might go over 100.

DSCF0037.jpg

Last edited:

djkt

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the info. I do not know a lot about knives. I like the spyderco ,It is just a little big to carry. Where I work they have a limit on blade length and this one is to long and I believe a knife is made to be carried and used. So I will have to get rid of it.I just saw your picture, I really hope you do not take offense to my statement.

Thanks Dennis

Last edited:

rycen

Enlightened
You can try and sell it here but it has more collector value than user value so you might be pleased if you list it on ebay.It does have stainless handles correct?

rycen

Enlightened
No offense at all.In fact here is a quote from the Pres of spyderco "We would rather be the knife in your pocket, because is "works" better, than the knife in your showcase, because it "looks" better."

Lucky for me spyderco fits both for me.

Last edited:

rycen

Enlightened
Also if it has a landyard hole it will be worth a little more.

rycen

Enlightened
Not really.A little tip is to take as good of pics as you can.

djkt

Newly Enlightened
Thanks again rycen, this has got to be the best forum I belong to, everybody that I have encountered has been very helpful.

Dennis