Leef bodies?

trouble

Newly Enlightened
Hello all, I'm getting ready to place an order with lighthound and was thinking of getting a 4x123 C head and tail body to add my KT1 turbo head and tail cap from a M3 and a MN61 LA to make a "M4" type light. My question is are the Leef bodies as good a quality as a SF body? Will my proposed setup work? I can't find any probs with it but I'm relatively new to modding/building lights so any help is greatly appreciated! thanks!

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
I do not have one...YET, but have NEVER heard anything but good praise for all of the LEEF products. It seems what you have planned should work. You will also be very happy with lighthound.com. Great costumer service, fair shipping costs, and great deals on hard to find flashlight parts. ENJOY!

trouble

Newly Enlightened
Thanks, I'll go ahead and try it out, i'll post a description of how it works just as soon as the goodies arrive :popcorn:

ICUDoc

Enlightened
The quality and feel of Leef's products is a nice match for Surefire but I am not sure a KT1 will fit on the C-C 4*123A body- I suggest you check it out on the Lighthound site. I have a KT4 on my C-M Leef long body...it's cool!

Last edited:

c0t0d0s0

Enlightened
I have a Leef 1x18650 body and I can attest to the quality of this product! I wouldn't be afraid to say that it's as good as SF body, plain and simple. Machining is top notch, anodizing is excellent (slight color mismatch, bat that's to be expected), threads are nicely cut, and the inside of the tube is chemcoated just like a SF body. Get it.

trouble

Newly Enlightened
I ordered the body and will post on it when it arrives in a couple of days, as for fit of the KT1 I have it on a C2 presently and the body that I bought is for SF C series heads and tailcaps so it should fit? Can anyone speak from experience on this, I checked the website again and it doesn't mention the KT1 TH I hope i didn't order the wrong one...

xobloof

Newly Enlightened
trouble said:
I ordered the body and will post on it when it arrives in a couple of days, as for fit of the KT1 I have it on a C2 presently and the body that I bought is for SF C series heads and tailcaps so it should fit? Can anyone speak from experience on this, I checked the website again and it doesn't mention the KT1 TH I hope i didn't order the wrong one...

I am running a KT1 HA +MN16 on a leef 2x18650. It works great.

Here is a pic just to make the wait that much longer. :grin2:

Last edited:

trouble

Newly Enlightened
xobloof said:
I am running a KT1 HA +MN16 on a leef 2x18650. It works great.

Here is a pic just to make the wait that much longer. :grin2:

That's the one! I'm glad I didn't mess up and order the wrong one, i'm going to run 4x123's with the MN61 for 350 fun filled lumens:rock: I want to get some rechargeable batts but I'm still a little unclear on which ones to get, the whole protected/unprotected thing is what gets me. I've got a cell extender for my M3T and was thinking of 2 17670's or I guess I could run them in this light. Which charger works best for them? Protected or Unprotected? Oh the choices...

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast
I too will attest to the quality of the Leef bodies (I now have three: 1x18650 C-M; 2x18650 C-M; 2x18500 C-C). I also suggest picking up a LeefGrip as it provides more grip options, plus it has a lanyard hole.

criollo

Enlightened
I have a LeefBody C Tail C Head ~ 2 x 18650 with Surefire TH and SW01 Tailcap/LeefRing. I like mine alot. Leef's stuff is top notch. :rock:

leef5.jpg

leef2.jpg

trouble

Newly Enlightened
I just got it in the mail, first off LH's turnaround time with orders is super fast!! You guys are correct the Leef body is good stuff, everything went together smoothly and I now have the "M4" I've always wanted, I can't wait for it to get dark now. I'll post some pics over the weekend, I really like that tailcap Criollo!

ICUDoc

Enlightened
Good work, Trouble- I know what you mean about Lighthound shipping!

What bulb are you planning to use? There are some cool options out there....

skalomax

Flashlight Enthusiast
criollo said:
I have a LeefBody C Tail C Head ~ 2 x 18650 with Surefire TH and SW01 Tailcap/LeefRing. I like mine alot. Leef's stuff is top notch. :rock:

leef5.jpg

leef2.jpg

I have almost the same combo, I have a KT4 Instead of that super sexy KT-1

trouble

Newly Enlightened
ICUDoc said:
Good work, Trouble- I know what you mean about Lighthound shipping!

What bulb are you planning to use? There are some cool options out there....
It has a MN61 right now and it's bright! I thought the 225 lumen in my M3T was something, the MN61 is awesome! But I'm going to run some rechargeables and the MN61 draws too much juice so I'll back down to the MN60 225 lumen unit and back the M3T down to it's 125 lumen unit to run the rechargeables, I probably shot my first set of batts last night just lighting up the neighborhood, but it was worth it. I'm gettin some pics together and will post on it tomorrow.