DM51 has gone A2 crazy!!! Read all about it here...

Atomic_Chicken

Enlightened
Greetings!

DM51 is as bad as me!!! We've both gone off the deep end and bought WAY too many Surefire A2 Aviators in the last few weeks! For the latest development in this stunning story, see this thread:

http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=158177

I can't stop laughing! :D

I love this forum... almost enough to forgive you all for the epic and apocalyptic destruction of my wallet and credit card... :)

Best wishes,
Bawko

scubasteve1942

Enlightened
Hahahahahahahaha. You guys are killin me. Right now im really loving my new A2, and can see why you would want one in every color. To bad Im a poor college student and it takes me a while to save up enough money for a new light. Right now im saving for one of the new NovaTac EDC's that are coming out. :grin2:

Atomic_Chicken

Enlightened
Greetings!

jumpstat said:
Are you guys into just any A2s of variations of them? Go on give us some pictures .....

Here you go... you asked for it! :D

Surefire.jpg

This photo shows four of my A2's - a pair of whites (the upright ones) and a pair of colored LED Aviators (a Red and a Yellow/Green) laying flat. I've purchased 3 more since I took this photo... another White (with THC3 modded LEDs), a Green (also THC3 modded), and a Blue (which I'll mod myself to THC3 Red).

Best wishes,
Bawko

Last edited:

Illum

Flashaholic
Size15's said:
What freaks would buy A2's?

who started all this purple surefire rage on the forum....Al, can I have a word with you?:laughing:

Glen C said:
What is it with you A2 guys that you cant stop at one? :)

I'll be getting another...its just a matter of time:ohgeez:

Last edited:

greenLED

Flashaholic
Size15's said:
What freaks would buy A2's?
:lolsign:

Ummm... I would. :crazy: I'm happy with my BK-WH, but I'd like a "regular" one with Y/G LED's as beater light.

Not sure if I'd have seven, though! :)nana: Chicken)

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Whoa, Atomic Chicken you seriously need some help!!! :laughing: I thought I was bad but man you are one of the most addicted of us all!

Seriously though what is it about the A2 that you love so much? I'm not trying to be rude, but I don't have one myself so I don't truely understand (which I think might be a good thing. LOL).

Atomic_Chicken

Enlightened
Greetings!

adirondackdestroyer said:
Whoa, Atomic Chicken you seriously need some help!!! :laughing: I thought I was bad but man you are one of the most addicted of us all!

Seriously though what is it about the A2 that you love so much? I'm not trying to be rude, but I don't have one myself so I don't truely understand (which I think might be a good thing. LOL).

You obviously haven't browsed through some of the photos in the "Flashlight Collecting" sub-forum here... there are some guys with collections that would blow your mind! My humble 11 Surefires (7 of which are A2's) is pretty mild by comparison! :)

As for the answer about why I love the A2 so much... it's kind of complicated.
There are many superficial "specs" reasons that I like the A2, including:

1 - It's the only regulated Incandescent handheld I'm aware of.
2 - It's the only re-shapeable beam flashlight I'm aware of (LED's flood, Incandescent throws)
3 - The size of the A2 is perfect for my hands
4 - The LED colors (especially Red) are extremely useful
5 - Fit and finish are superb, like most other Surefires
6 - The tailcap design is perfect for the way I use flashlights
7 - Did I mention that I absolutely LOVE the A2's incandescent output?
8 - The LED brightness is ideal for 90% of the tasks I use a light for
9 - When the LED isn't bright enough, the incandescent takes care of the other 10% of situations

Aside from that, the SUBJECTIVE experience of the A2 is just perfect for me - it's the ideal light for what I use a flashlight for. Everything about the A2 just seems like it was designed with ME in mind, unlike any other light I've owned. I thought that the Kroma would replace the A2, to the point that I sold my only A2 (Red) last year in order to help fund a Kroma. I realized afterward that the A2 is probably one of those lights that just CAN'T be replaced, at least by anything using current technology. Maybe in a few more years when LED's can duplicate the output spectrum of incandescents there will be a true contender... but for now the A2 is just the best thing out there for my needs.

Best wishes,
Bawko