My quad P4 Shark C HA Mag

Norm

Retired Administrator
FM HA Mag C body, Modified Mod a Mag Perfect Emitter Heatshink, Shark Driver,
2 X 18650, Borofloat Lens, 4 X IMS 17 Relectors, 4 X P4 USWOH from PhotonFanatic.
The shark is running 800mA.

dsc03106ru4.jpg

The light has a fair amount of throw, the hot spot blends nicely into a huge spill. If I take it into the vacant land next door it's as if the whole block is lit by fluorescent light, it is truly amazing.

dsc03107nk5.jpg

Last edited:

Robban

Enlightened
Would love some more info regarding the modification on the heatsink as I'm sorta in the planning stages of making something very similar.

jar3ds

Flashlight Enthusiast
great light!

do you know the runtime it actually gets?

Norm

Retired Administrator
There is a small pot on the shark board that you adjust anywhere from very low to 980mA.

When I went to mount the P4's I found that they are slightly bigger in diameter and won't fit into the little recesses, so I cut a piece of 4 mm aluminium plate with a hole saw and AAed in to the heatsink and mounted the emitters and reflectors to that, then AAed it as a complete unit. Seems to work fine the torch gets nice and warm. It also brings the reflectors up to touch the lens.

Runtime is probably about an hour (guessing)

I'm not too good at beam shots but I'll try tonight, I don't have any unmodified light as a comparison.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
So, each emiter is seeing (vf) 200mA's? At that bias this is a very efficient setup and I would bet that you will be seeing about 2 hours flat runtime.

Bill

Norm

Retired Administrator
Bullzeyebill said:
So, each emiter is seeing (vf) 200mA's? At that bias this is a very efficient setup and I would bet that you will be seeing about 2 hours flat runtime.

Bill
The emitters are in series so each emitter is seeing 800mA. :)
Norm

daveman

Enlightened
Looks like it's worthy of a production line all by itself. It should be putting more than 600 lumens?

Norm

Retired Administrator
daveman said:
Looks like it's worthy of a production line all by itself. It should be putting more than 600 lumens?
It makes my 2 X 18650 Mag C MOP reflector KIU socket WA1111 look slightly yellow.
Norm

Norm

Retired Administrator
This is not a very good beam shot, I had planned to do some outside shots tonight, but it is pouring rain. My camera is only auto, the dim shot is a Electrolumens Blaster 1R runing the same P4 at about 700mA's and the other is the 4 X P4. If the weather is better tommorow night I'll try the outside shots. I'm fairly new to beam shots so I'm sorry if they are not what you were expecting.
Norm
p4x4sn5.gif

Norm

Retired Administrator
Just tried an outside beam shot, the results are a bit disappointing, I think a lot of beam shots on CPF use a longer exposure, my camera is auto and this is the best I can do, I think the exposure time may be a bit fast, the shots don't look as dramatic as they are in real life. Same lights again the dim shot is a Electrolumens Blaster 1R runing the same P4 at about 700mA's and the other is the 4 X P4.
Norm
outsideie6.gif

Norm

Retired Administrator
nanotech17 said:
What do you think of the output beam had that flashlight have 4 x McR20's ?
I have no experience with Mc20's. I would love to have used them but they would have made the light a lot more expensive, 1 McR20 cost almost the same as 4 X Ims 17. My budget for lights is limited and I'm more than happy with the light as it is. :awman:The pictures don't do it justice.
Norm

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Heh, yeah 4 McR20-Seoul would be nice but are $$$. I'll be doing this soon with 20mm IMS.