Now I'm checking out flashlights on cop TV shows

keysandslots

Newly Enlightened
This flashlight thing is a strange past-time and I've noticed myself developing some really odd habits. For instance, I usually don't get much time to watch TV but my wife and kids were away for a week so I could actually watch without anyone bugging me. I'm checking out CSI New York (I think) and for the first time, I notice the cops are using flashlights all the time, and from the way they're holding the lights, I notice it's some sort of light with a clickie on the end. Not that long ago, I wouldn't have given this even a first thought, now I'm watching more closely trying to figure out what kind of light it is.

This can't be good.

Randy

Omega Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to the club! Check out the sci-fi shows like Battlestar Galactica, ST-Voyager, Stargate SG1, etc. You'll see the multiple cell tactical lights like Surefire and Wolfeyes.

elgarak

Flashlight Enthusiast
They use a Surefire A2 on "CSI: NY". The funny thing is that it has a twisty, and is used unmodified on the show -- but makes a clicky sound...

GreySave

Enlightened
<< They use a Surefire A2 on "CSI: NY". The funny thing is that it has a twisty, and is used unmodified on the show -- but makes a clicky sound...>>

Yup. Last night a red LED A2. Oh no! Now I've become one of you! :ohgeez:

elgarak

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wonder when they start using a Kroma... The Kroma-milspec with UV instead of the IR should be the perfect CSI light.

BTW: As long as you do not freeze frame to identify the light, there's still hope for you. I'm lost already... whenever a light shows up, I grab the remote and freeze, go back and zoom in....:ohgeez:

Last edited:

DM51

Flashaholic
GreySave said:
<< They use a Surefire A2 on "CSI: NY". The funny thing is that it has a twisty, and is used unmodified on the show -- but makes a clicky sound...>>

Yup. Last night a red LED A2. Oh no! Now I've become one of you! :ohgeez:
Yes! Another A2 thread! Where's that dratted bird got to, he should be here...
Never mind, he's bound to be along in a minute.