Can someone please lead me to the perfect EDC pocket knife??????

PMI

Newly Enlightened
I just sold 4 knives that I bought a couple months ago used them maybe twice and got tired of them and didnt like them. So im still on the search for that perfect EDC pocket knife that is nice. I dont want a small blade like 2 inches but dont anything bigger than 3 1/2". I wanna use this pocket knife as an EDC knife so I need to to be perfect.

I had the S&W SWAT knife which was wayyy to big for EDC. And I also had the S&W ExtremeOps with assisted opening. Didnt really like that knife either. Then I had the SOG Flash II with assisted opening and didnt really like that knife either. To tell you the truth im not really a big fan of the assisted opening design knives. Id rather just open it old style.

Can someone lead me towards the right way in a good knife?? Im looking to spend around $50-$70. I was thinking maybe a BUCK knife??

Thanks

jch79

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**,
Benchmade Mini Griptilian - perfect pocketable size, 154cm steel, looks good, and feels awesome in your hand. I carry mine with me every day.

I'm also looking at a buying a BM Mini Skirmish, a Kershaw Mini Mojito (Mojo), or the Emerson Mini Commander, as a backup knife if mine ever is lost or needs to be repaired - they all seem like great knives under your 3.5" limit. :)

john

bjn70

Flashlight Enthusiast
That Benchmade Mini-Griptilian is a good one. I have a Kershaw Leek and like it a lot too.

CLHC

Flashaholic
Avalanche, Blackout, Blur, and/or Whirlwind could be amongst the one's you may wish to try out. They're blades are no larger than 3.25" and are within the price range you specified.

You cannot go wrong with the Benchmades and Spydercos too.

I'm a tad bit partial to Buck's 110 Hunter models which I do own a since these were my first knives to "EDC" waaay back then. You can also affix the "One-Armed Bandit" to the blade of this model.

Hope you find what you're looking for and Enjoy!

Last edited:

pedalinbob

Flashlight Enthusiast
Benchmade Mini-Griptillion or Spyderco Delica 4.
Both are extremely high quality, and easy to EDC.

KC2IXE

Flashaholic*
OK - I have not responded to this thread, simply because there IS NO ANSWER (IMHO). Every knife has compromises - in the $50-$75 range, there are a lot of good knives - heck, there are even more in the $50-$500 range, and I still have not found the perfect pocket knife - even in THAT range - I must have 20-30 knives that fit your bill except for price - EVERY ONE of those knives has something I don't like about it!!

I have a knife that I LOVE for dress carry - but It's not really good for rough use. If it's good for rough use, it's not as nice and as smooth as the dress carry. The dress cary is NOT ambi opening (I don't worry about ambi close). Some have steel I don't like. Some have blade shapes I ended up not liking

There IS no perfect knife - even in as small a segment as you defined. There ARE a lot of darned good ones - but "perfect" is an impossible task - for instance - the "Perfect" knife would have a nice big handle when you are using it - but would be paper thin when in your pocket...

mgk65

Newly Enlightened
Benchmade 705 series or the RSK are good knives.

What features would make a knife worthy for you?

cosine

Newly Enlightened
Spyderco Native. 3 1/8 inches, light FRN handle, S30V steel, and if you're lucky enough to find one at Wal-Mart, $40. :thumbsup: (or just order online from Wal-Mart's website.)

I carry mine everyday.

Last edited:

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
I usually carry a USA-made Spyderco Native daily, alternating between the plain edge and combination edged versions. The S30V steel stays sharp for a long time and the lockup is solid.

The plain edge version is sold at many Super Walmart stores for about $40.

See http://spyderco.com/catalog/details.php?product=20 for details.

Here are my knives:

natives-vertical.jpg

slick228

Newly Enlightened
If you are looking for 1 knife and would like to stay within your price range, I would suggest that you pick up a Spyderco black handle ZDP-189 Calypso Jr. I don't think you would be disappointed. It's light weight and has a premium blade steel. If you have problems finding this knife, please PM me.

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
jch79 said:
Benchmade Mini Griptilian - perfect pocketable size, 154cm steel, looks good, and feels awesome in your hand. I carry mine with me every day.

I'm also looking at a buying a BM Mini Skirmish, a Kershaw Mini Mojito (Mojo), or the Emerson Mini Commander, as a backup knife if mine ever is lost or needs to be repaired - they all seem like great knives under your 3.5" limit. :)

john
DITTO the BM Griptilians - I prefer the full size as they aren't much bigger and are still under 3.5". And the Ritter Grip IS my main EDC and has been since they first came out around 2 years? ago.

Perfectionist

Enlightened
Dude, just get a Leatherman Charge TTi ..... has a S30V Main Blade plus a load of other useful tools in one nice, easy to use and carry package ......

If you value your wallet ..... don't start another hobby collecting knives as well !!

(Although I have succumbed to the call of Balisongs !!)

PMI

Newly Enlightened
Found a Benchmade Griptilian full size black blade with green handle for $60 at my local air force base. Thinking about picking it up. I went shopping for a knife today and went to my local gun shop, all the benchmades in my price range, had TAIWAN right on the freakin blade. I was like WTF?? So I cant see on side of the blade of this BM cause its in a plastic case but on the back of the packaging it says U.S.A so hopefully its made in the USA>

CLHC

Flashaholic
Remember that Benchmades consists of four (4) DNA class of knives: GOLD CLASS, BLUE CLASS, BLACK CLASS, and RED CLASS

RED CLASS are more for the casual knife user and some of them are made offshore.

BLACK CLASS are the commonly used knife aimed for Law Enforcement Officers, Public Safety, and Military

BLUE CLASS are designed and built for the individual who appreciates the difference a high-quality cutting tool can make.

GOLD CLASS are limited edition pieces border on custom made ones.