Streaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulsl

Enlightened
What does it mean when a flshlight is streaped? Sorry but I'm a newbie and see it without knowing what it means.

Thx.

Burgess

Flashaholic
Gee, this oughta' be good . . . .

popcorn.gif

nzgunnie

Enlightened
I just did a search on 'Streaping', and your post was the only one that came up.

It is a new term to me, and I'm not sure where else you have seen it, but I'm not sure it's here on CPF.

Even having applied a bit of lateral thinking, I still cant figure out even what you might have been meaning. Stippled perhaps? Streaming?

Not wanting to sound like a smart ***, because I am actually trying to help, but perhaps you need to try again with a real word.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been on here for quite a while and I've never heard of 'streaping'.

Sputtering is adding clear paint to a reflector to make the beam smoother, similar to a Surefire-type beam.

That's the closest I can think of a word to streaping.

CLHC

Flashaholic
Now this certainly peaked our attention, well at least mine. I think D@kr Messenger got it!

Can also mean stripping off the finish of the flashlight.

Enjoy!

Mikeg23

Enlightened
I typed streaped into the search function and it appears to be a typo that five mega put into his for sale add.

He is intending to say that he stripped the old finish off of a mag light before applying the new finish.

paulsl

Enlightened
The last one is it. He constantly talks of Streaping and i was flipped out about what it was I'm a newbie but that what it must be. Thx I thought it was real flashaholic tecno talk.

Thx

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Main Entry:Streaping
Pronunciation:*streaping
Function:verb
Inflected Form:streapped \*streapt\ ; also streapt ; streapping
Transitive senses:to streap

Don_Redondo

Newly Enlightened
I heard about a guy who got yelled at for bringing a flashlight into a "streap" club. :drunk:

Status
Not open for further replies.