Custom Arc Packs

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone out here have the skill to produce custom Arc Battery Packs. What I am thinking about are a more rounded 123 pack for keychain, single c cell pack, and single d cell pack.

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about a sub C and a 1/2 D while you're at it. We could place the currently unused ones on our mantles like my set of British pewter measures.

I would think a 5/7 brightness single 1.5 V cell D configuration might best be used as an area light with a reflector / diffuser top. I wouldn't carry one in my pocket.

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Aren't lithium D cells 3 volts!
I bet that would last a long time in the ARC LS!
shocked.gif

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sean:

I think you're right about 3V on the lithium D's. I also think I can remember someone saying they cost $20 a pop.

Interesting thought.

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast
The more common Lithium D cells TADRIAN are 3.6V (like the non-Energizer AA lithiums), also designed for low current draws, although they will do more than the AA sizes. About 20,000 mah capacity @ 5ma draw, 10,000mah @ 80ma. Maximum draw is about 250ma, but that reduces the life to something like a 2016 trying to power a Surefire E1
tongue.gif

And you are right, they are usually about 20-25 dollars each. Radio Shack occasionally has a sale on them for about eight dollars, but the ones they sell then are five years into their ten year shelf life.

SAFT makes a 3.0V nominal D (and C) sized cell, that allows a somewhat higher current draw.
HDS systems uses them in their $300+ "Action Light", and sells them for $19.00 each.

I don't know how they would work with the electronics in an ARC. I'm guessing not well with an LS, but they might run an AAA for about a month continuously if the circuit will take the 3.6Vin with no problems.

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Silviron:

Wow. Those would be of even more limited use than the 3.6 V AA's I bought a while ago. At least I can use the 3.6 V AA's in Infinities.

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by lemlux:
.... At least I can use the 3.6 V AA's in Infinities.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry about going off topic here:

Try a couple of them in a 2AA Mini-Mag - That is the only incandescent I have been able to get them to do more than a dull orange glow. Initial brightness is about 30-40% higher than with 2 AA alkalines. (I haven't done any longevity tests on it though; It MAY burn out the bulb quickly, or conversely drain the batteries in a short time.)

BACK ON TOPIC:

I'd definitely pay for a battery holder that uses an ARC AAA head in one or all of AA, C or D size, IF the price could be kept to $20.00 each or less. Wouldn't be interested in one for 123s or any of the more esoteric sizes though.

Status
Not open for further replies.